Tuesday, August 14, 2012

London Beauty Shopping: Sleek Makeup Palette

 

Sleek i-Divine Palette Limited Edition in Glory 787

I fear I am way late to the party on this one, but I am geeking out on it! The colors match the color of the London Tube lines! They match the colors on that iconic gorgeous Tube map that is a graphic designer's dream. I am. Geeking. Out.

 

For those of you who don't know, the London Tube is the London subway, and it is a marvel of efficiency. You can get anywhere you want to go within the city on it. It helped immeasurably with the huge challenge of handling the Olympic hordes. Oh, L.A. take note. This is a real metro system. I want one in my home town. Rome, your metro is also paltry and inadequate compared to this glorious behemoth. But I do get that it's hard to build more Metro when everywhere you dig you disturb millennia of history.

 

Hmm. I think I'm still pretty jetlagged. :)

 

The only colors that are not named after a Tube line in this palette are still themed to the Tube. The palest, which, I'm sorry, it's hard to read in my photo, is simply called 'Tube.' And then there's a nice cool gray called 'Platform.'

 

I need to do a vid on this and swatch all the colors. But seriously, the Jubilee color is silver. Silver like the Jubilee line. Am I the only one? People! It's like, the snozzberries taste like snozzberries! Cool!

 

I know I already posted today, but I had to share this with you wonderful folks!

 

Here are images of the Tube map, and a close-up of the map key, and above you see a yummy image of the shadows, with the cellophane that came with the palette with all the names listed. One quibble, though. How am I going to throw that out? I must throw it out, but then I won't have record of all this cleverness right there in the palette. I know Sleek wants their packaging to be, well, sleek, but how about one of those color charts with the names on it on the back of the palette? Or, well, they wouldn't want to pay for this, but how about printing those names on the plastic insert that holds all the pans? Such a small quibble, though!

 

 

This, by the way, is why eye shadow colors must be named! So it is writ in the big book of How to Make Awesome Makeup! Please, oh wonderful Inglot, hear my prayer!

 

Or maybe it's not jetlag but all the Shakespeare I am seeing this week.

 

Cheers!

 

<3BeautyJones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment