Tuesday, May 21, 2013

New Video with Authentic Bike Footage from the Loire Valley!

I was able to pull together the best bits to make a new video of my Loire trip, People!

This one doesn't have lots of detail on Chenonceau, but you can see that here at my Chenonceau video.

Did I mention that DiscoverFrance.com did an amazing job? Altogether, this deluxe trip was a very good deal. We only got lost a couple of times, but the Garmin they lent us fixed that, although in certain lights, it was almost impossible to see the screen.

The food at each hotel was some of the best I've ever eaten, and I've eaten me some pretty fancy damn food, folks! More on the food later.

But the route was really amazing. It took us through lovely countryside and often brought us into town along places just lost in time. I had no idea so much medieval stuff was still left in France. But if you don't bike this area, you will miss out on much of its charm. The first time I visited here was on a bus tour, and it was great to see these places at all, don't get me wrong, but you have no idea just how much beautiful old stuff they have everywhere here. Little mills and towns along the winding rivers. It's so quiet and pretty, and you never know when you're going to come upon some thing amazing. You could probably keep going here year after year and not run out of new castles and villages and churches to see.

Bourgueil and Chinon, local Loire reds - very good - at Le Prieure, Chenehutte

Veal at Le Prieure

Souffle with sorbet at Le Prieure

Town of Langeais viewed from Langeais castle turret

A glass of Sancerre at Langeais castle
The local wines are unusual, and delicious. The local fresh vegetables and cheeses are so much fun to try. I am a firm convert to the wonders of the Loire, and to France as a destination! I'll be coming back and exploring much more!

Please enjoy the video!

And don't forget to comment below and let me know what you think, or ask questions!

1 comment: