Thursday, April 19, 2012

FOTD: Revlon Moon Drops Hot Coral

With a neutral outfit, I wanted to add bright color to my makeup
 Yesterday the weather forecast said warm to hot, so I chose Revlon's Hot Coral, another one their classic historic 50s shades. It's a bit warmer than Fire & Ice. See my pics below. I need to do a master shot of all of these in full sun. This weekend for that project. But for now, take a look at my stable of classic Revlon bright lipsticks and how this look came off.

I was frustrated that I'd worn all of my bright wardrobe pieces recently, so I was forced into the world of dark wintry neutrals. So I amped up the brights on my face.

I think playing off a bright coral lip with a shimmery gold-green eye actually worked. Mad Men seems to have seeped into my unconscious when it comes time to select my products in the morning.


L to R: Blase Apricot, Persian Melon, Fire & Ice, Hot Coral, Certainly Red, Cherries in the Snow

Here are the numbers for each lipstick in the same order as the photo above

You can really see the intense duochrome of the Naked Cosmetics Harvest Moon #5 here
Naked Cosmetics Harvest Moon Collection: L to R--Top Row: 1, 2, 3. Bottom Row: 4, 5, 6

I didn't even put any blush on until later: That's how much a bright lip can lift your face!
Here's what I used:

Face:

Skyn Iceland Eye Pen
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentre
Skin79 Super+ BB Cream
Coty Loose Powder
Michael Marcus Concealer Wheel under eyes

Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
Selma Hayak Brow Pencil in Medium Blonde
Naked Cosmetics Harvest Moon #5 Pigment (duochrome gold-green)
Stila Lash Visor Mascara in Black
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Pencil in Gray

Cheeks:

Nuthin!

Lips:

Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick in Hot Coral, lightly tapped on as a stain.

Another bright lip today, or a neutral and a bolder eye? Tune in tomorrow to find out!

Cheers!

--BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment