What's great about the Little Black Dress is that it goes with everything. A bright red lip? Check. A neutral face? Also good.
This Friday I gave the bright lip a bit of a rest in favor of a neutral face, which turned out to be done with almost all NYX products. You know when you are in a hurry and you just grab what you know? NYX is the gift that keeps on giving. How do they do it? Love them!
Here's what I used:
- Skyn Iceland Soothing Eye Pen
- Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne cream along chin and near hair line
- Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentré
- Dr. Brandt BB Cream with Flexitone
- Coty Loose Powder
- Paula Dorf Concealer duo under eyes
- NYX "Butt" Naked Palette—terra cotta shade, coral shade pale highlighter, and contour. Yes, you can use this one palette and layer these shades to get a really subtle and elegant look. Not that mine is so very special, I'm just sayin.'
|NYX "Butt" Naked Eyes: I used: Top left, Middle Row 2nd from Left, Middle Row 2nd from Right, Bottom Right. |
This palette invites endless play. To me it's a desert island product, if one had need for makeup on a desert island.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
- NYX "Butt" Naked Palette: Pale cream shade all over lid, Fawn color in crease, gray color in V shape on outer edge of eyes and beneath eyes along outer third of lash line, deep purple shade along upper and lower lash line, shimmery pale taupe shade on brow bone and inner corner of eye near tear duct
- Salma Hayek Nuance Brow Pencil in Medium Blonde
- Stila Lash Visor Waterproof in Black
- Too Faced Lip Insurance
- NYX Lipstick in Iced Honey 556
- Dr. Brandt's BB Cream may not be the best summer foundation option for me, since it's pretty darned moisturizing. The jury is still out. I could really use some serious moisture.
- Did I mention I love the NYX "Butt" Naked palette?. Sorry to sound like a broken record. Have you bought one yet? I keep finding new ways to use these shades.
- NYX Lipstick in Iced Honey. What an interesting nude shade this is. It's got peachy tones, a touch of shimmer, a hint of rose, the shimmer seems to have a smattering of bluish green... Only thing is, it doesn't last as long as I'd like, even with the Too Faced Lip Insurance.
What are your favorite makeup looks with your Little Black Dress?
Comment below and let me know!