Friday, April 27, 2012

Dr. Brandt BB Cream with Flexitone from NewBeaty Testtube - SUCCESS!

So much better without that pilling. Now I like this BB Cream!
 I had to try this fancy BB Cream again, and this time it worked.

See more in my Results section below.

For the Epic Fail Moment I had yesterday by layering this BB Cream over a night cream...argh, pilly face...see yesterday's Epic Fail Post by scrolling down and looking on the right.

Here's what I used for these looks:

Face:
  •  Skyn Iceland Soothing Eye Pen from my BeautyBar Sample Society March Box
  • Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Cream
  • Embryolisse  Lait Creme Concenté
  • Dr. Brandt BB Cream
  • Under Eyes and around nose: Dermablend concealer in Sand
Cheeks:
  • What, no NYX? I changed it up with: La Femme Blush in Coral Spice
  • No contour, because the deeper shade of the BB Cream was dark enough, I thought.
Revlon Persian Melon Moondrops Lipstick...love this color
 Unfortunately, I think adding any gloss to the Revlon Persian Melon makes it dissolve within minutes, even with the Too Faced Lip Insurance. I have yet to try just the lipstick with the primer.  Maybe today. The gloss I used to top it here is Vincent Longo in Cherros, which is a gorgeous magenta shade with a great not too sticky consistency.

See how the Persian Melon and the Cherros are almost gone later?

Not my best hair day. I blame the chlorine from the pool swim. 
I need to find some products to help with this.
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eye Shadow in Pomegranate Punk on lid to crease
  • Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Pop Green Eyes the middle purple on outer edge of lids
  • Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Pop Green Eyes the right-hand purple defining crease
  • NYC Purple Eye Shadow on Lash line
  • Smashbox Glitter Cream Eye Liner Palette the black shade along lash line above and one third the way from the outside on lower lash line 
  • Blended the whole thing together with highlighting shade from my old Pixi palette, which I depotted into my Unii white palette. It's a soft peach pink with some multi-colored glimmer
on Left in white Unii Palette—Physician's formula Shimmer Strip Green Pop Colors. I used the light purple towards the top and the deeper purple toward the middle on my eyes. I also used that deep violet pan on the right, which is an NYC shade. And above the brightest pink in this picture is the soft peachy highlighter from my old Pixi Palette, which I used to blend the whole eye look together.
Lips:
  • Too Faced Lip Insurance
  • Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick in Persian Melon
  • Vincent Longo Gloss in Cherros
Results:
  •  The Dr. Brandt BB Cream did start to have those weird red and brown streaks in it as I applied it, but when I buffed it in, it smoothed out.  This has to be that Flexitone stuff in action, and the final tone was a bit darker than my skin, which you can see in the blue-tinged office shots above, if you compare my pale pale chest with my face. This will be great by summer.
  • Seems like the Revlon Moon Drops formula dissolves slowly if you apply a gloss over the top, so not doing that no more.
  • Need a real conditioning treatment to help me deal with that evil chlorinated pool water. Any suggestions?  Comment below.
  • All that purple manages to look neutral on me. But I think it also brings out the dark circles under my eyes.  But I love purple! Boo!
Cheers, and Happy Friday to all!

:)BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment