Monday, April 1, 2013

FOTD Cool Shimmery Neutrals

Here's a Face Of The Day with some subtle shades of pink, taupe and rose. I used pigments from two amazing indie brands you might want to check out: Darling Girl Cosmetics and Madd Style Cosmetics. Both of these have such magical subtle interesting shades. The colors go way beyond what you'll find at department stores or drugstores. They are reasonable and so much fun. Like many folks, when I'm pressed for time in the morning, I tend not reach for the loose pigments as often as I'd like, but when I reach for these, I'm always rewarded. The colors are inspiring.
Face:
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination in Natural Beige
  • Cinema Secrets Light Peach Color Corrector under eyes
  • Dermablend Concealer in Sand on blemishes
  • Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in Sand
  • All products applied and blended with damp Beauty Blender
Cheeks:
  • Sleek Makeup Face Form in Light (contour, highlight and blush in one awesome palette!)
Eyes:
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Lemon Drop - Watch out how you apply this! I put it under my eyes today and it got patchy at the edges. Make sure to blend this in!
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe on lids between crease and lash line. It went on well over the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I love this medium taupey brown shade on my skin and I think it will be fun to try under other shades.
  • Madd Style Cosmetics pigment in Seedless, a pink with green duochrome shimmer, on lids up to crease
  • Madd Style Cosmetics pigment in Honey Rose in crease - this is a warm brown-based pink
  • Darling Girl Cosmetics Cute de Grace pigment in Winter Solstice (alas, this was a Limited Edition Collection and it is now sold out). This is a warm burgundy with a little shimmer. I put just a touch at the outer edges of my crease for depth.
  • Sleek Makeup Palette Face Form highlight on brow bone
  • Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise black eye liner pen. This is still my favorite! It's much blacker than others I've tried from the drugstore.
  • L'OrĂ©al Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black. This one is starting to get clumpy on me, so I have to brush off a lot of the product onto the tube before I use it, but I still love how well it covers and how blackest black it is!
  • Ofra brown brow pencil
  • Anastasia clear brow gel
Lips:
  • Revlon Just Bitten Balmstain in Darling - a lilac-pink. I thought this would be a nice contrast with the super-warm shimmery blush from that Sleek Face Form palette.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Drop me a line about anything that strikes your fancy below!

No comments:

Post a Comment