Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring FOTD Pinks, Lavenders and Raspberries

Here's a springy FOTD look using a Mac Holiday Glamor Daze palette I got for Christmas. It's got some lovely shimmery mauves, taupes, purples and pinks. I used the Sleek Makeup eye primer palette, the frosty pink shade, to anchor this, and Face:

 
  • Embryolisse Lait Creme ConcentrĂ©e
  • LaRoche-Posay Primer SPF 50+
  • Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combination Foundation in Natural Beige
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer under eyes
  • Dermablend Concealer in Sand on blemishes


Cheeks:

  • Sleek Makeup Face Form in Light

Eyes:

  • Base: Pink Shimmery Shade from Sleek Eye Primer Palette (top row second from right)
  • MAC Fabulousness Smokey Eyes Palette, which contains the shades from left to right: Love Spice (frosty pink), Satin Taupe (frosty taupe with silver shimmer), Taupleless (lustre mauve) Spellcaster (Matte bluish purple black) Black Slip (shimmery plummy black). Love spice on Lid; Satin Taupe in crease. Spellcaster deep in crease and on upper and lower lash line. Black Slip to deepen in crease and along lash line
  • Smashbox Eye Tech to Go in Taupe on Brows
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Pencils in Rockstar and LSD. LSD is that crazy bright purple. I put it just under the eyes in the center, and rimmed the rest with Rockstar, which is a softer bronzier purple.
  • Maybelline Eye Studio Eye Precise black liner pen. Gotta use this for the right finish. My favorite eye liner.

Lips:

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie - such a fun rich fuchsia shade!

NOTES:

  • The Sleek eye primer creased. I have tried the purple one and, unfortunately, it creased after about four hours. This makes it a no-go for me. For my upcoming trip to France, I'm going to depot several of my Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes shades and some Maybelline Color Tattoos into some Cinema Secrets welled palettes so I have some nice colorful bases for me. What would Paris be with out a dark shimmery smokey eye, I ask you? Answer: Unimaginable.
  • I do like the colors in the MAC Palette. I still don't see what's so great about MAC shadows that I should pay fifteen bucks for each one, rather than five to seven bucks for one equally lovely Inglot or Makeup Geek one. Or four bucks for an amazing drugstore palette like Wet n' Wild Color Icon in Comfort Zone. Still, it's pretty and such cute packaging

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please feel free to comment below.

Love, BeautyJones!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment