Thursday, August 9, 2012

Here's what I'm bringing to Europe!



It's going to be raining and in the 70s in London, and blazing hot in Rome. Plus we might make it to the beach and swim in the Mediterranean.

I've got my eBag.com carry-on and my Tumi backpack. My iPad is coming with me, and my camera connectivity kit, and iMovie for iPad so I can take and edit Vids and Vlogs!

I've got Rick Steves London and Rome books on the iPad, aka, My Precious. Had it over a year and still obsessed. Get the real deal, People!

Marmot Shell with removable bolero, Union Jack umbrella, Target leather belt
Von Vonni convertible dress in red, inside this cute leopard print bag
 The Von Vonni transformer dress was recommended in a NY Times travel section article, and now that I have it, I'm afraid of all the ways you are supposed to be able to wear it. We'll see if all those cray cray possibilities defeat me and melt my brain.

Von Vonni Transformer Dress - Azure, Short
Von Vonni Transformer dress in option #352 out of Infinity

Lori Greiner Makeup Bags packed with product. Like to the gills, man!
I plan on doing a video on what's in here. If it doesn't explode over Indiana.
Dakine Pencil case with Pens, Moleskin journals, and Caran d'Ache Acquarelles Pencils, Simple Exfoliating Face Wipe and CVS Makeup Removing Wipes
I'll need to be drawing and sketching things when I'm in pretty places. I brought a brush with a reservoir you can fill with water. The aquarelles just need a bit of water to change from crayons to watercolor paint.
Disney Tri Team running hat and Vibram 5 Fingers Running Shoes - they pack so small!
 I wanted to pack things for my athletics, but regular running shoes are so huge. Pack those, and there goes your space! So I trained myself to walk-run in these. They are comfy and can be machine washed. Once you do, they dry in just few hours in a climate like L.A. Not too sure about London, but these will work.
Forever21 Tanks, Joe Fresh black sequin tank, Free People copper sequin tank
 I'm seeing a lot of theater in London, so I need comfortable clothes with a bit of sparkle. I can layer the cotton tanks under the others for different looks. I have a comfy black skirt with an undershort to pair with these
Veer gray jersey camera graphic scarf
I'm not bringing a lot of jewelry. I may only wear one necklace and one set of earrings and one bracelet, so I need accessories like this scarf to give my outfits some richness.
Forever21 Union Jack Graphic Tee, Black running
London. Union Jack. I got a bit obsessed with the British flag during the Olympics and it's still working for me. I can sleep in this, and later, in Rome, when I'm more casual, just throw it on to walk to the Campo de' Fiori to pick up some cheese, bread, and prosciutto.


This is a cotton black slip dress with a tie-dye strip at the bottom, a blue cap sleeve sheath dress, and my A-line black skirt
So I'll take pictures of my outfits as I go and post them here and on my tumblr site.

Enjoy your August, everybody! Let me know about your travel plans and reply with your own travel tips!

Love, BeautyJones!

No comments:

Post a Comment