Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm Baaa...aack! FOTD with Lovesick BalmStain

Hey!

Back to Business...and Basics, a FOTD

When I first started this beauty blog, FOTDs, or Face of the Day, was almost all I did! And I still just love putting on a fresh new face in the morning, photographing it, and writing down how I did it.

Back from the big trip to Europe, and I didn't want to be depressed, like, poor me, I have to go back to work, so I put on the brightest dress I own right now, this hot pink number from Title Nine. It wicks and it's comfy, but it makes a splash.

And, although I'd bought all this cool new stuff, I had an unopened Revlon Just Bitten Balmstain in Lovesick in one of my drawers. The hot pink lip! Great for Fall, said one my September magazines, so here goes. It's pretty bright, which means, I love it!

Whee!
Since I couldn't take it on my trip, I thought I'd break out that trusty Anastasia Brow Express kit with the little stencils. Stencils are good when your hand might be a bit jet lagged, along with the rest of you. The Brow Express kit has a great shimmery highlight color and a slightly darker matte shade of shadow so you can create just a very subtle eye, like one Marilyn might have used with a bright lip.

I deepened this with the Wet n' Wild Petal Pusher palette, the Eyelid, Crease, and Definer colors on the right side.

Wet n' Wild Petal Pusher Eye Palette
These eye shadows have a buttload of fallout, but the colors are so pretty. All you have to do, in order to deal with the fallout, though, is not to put on the your foundation and concealer before you are done using them. One small adjustment. So worth it, with all that pigmentation for like five bucks!

Ooh, yeah!
So here's the looking down shot!

Yay! You likee? I love the way the super-bright lip makes the burgundy shades on the eye seem almost neutral.

Good to be back! Thanks for reading!

<3BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment