|Birthday Look 2012|
So to make it all go down easier, I invite a few friends, find a new exciting bar, make sure everything I'm eating, drinking, and wearing on my face makes me smile, and try to look as fabulous as humanly possible.
Here's what I did with my look:
|Hey, I EARNED these crow's feet!|
|Peekaboo Green Lids|
- Embryolisse Lait Créme Concentré
- Olay Wrinkle and Line Filler as primer
- skin79 Hot Pink Super+ Triple Function BB Cream
- Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
- Cinema Secrets Peach corrector for under eye circles
- Dermablend concealer in Sand
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Wet n' Wild Color Icon Comfort Zone eye shadow palette: Crease color on left, duochrome (yay!) definer on right, green eyelid color on outer edge of lid, and orange eyelid color on rest of lid. So if you don't own this one, go get it! I love it so!
- Ardell false eyelashes in #150 Demi. I love false eyelashes for vamping up a look. They are so old school and wonderfully challenging to put on. So feminine and romantic. This set is still a bit natural, and yet thick and dramatic.
- Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencil in Perversion. The best black gel pencil eyeliner I've ever tried. I applied it to upper lash line and lower lash line, smoked it out a bit with a smudger brush, and put some more of the Wet n' Wild definer shades over it to blend it even more.
- La Femme Blush in Coral on apples
- Milani XL Bronzer in Fake Tan 02A as contour under cheekbones and around forehead and temples
- NYX "butt" naked palette, the pink highlighter, on tops of cheeks
- Ellis Faas Milky Lips in L204
And on to the food and drink!
|Beef and Shrimp Crepes at Xoia|
I love, love, love Vietnamese food, and there are some great places here in my neighborhood of Silver Lake/Echo Park, on the East Side of Los Angeles. One of my favorites is Xoia. I had the Beef and Shrimp Crepes with Hoison-Peanut sauce. The sauce is so good, you almost want to bathe in it. The crepes are crispy savory eggy goodness, and inside the beef and shrimp are sweet and tender, and the sprouts and herbs crispy. So delicious!
A NIGHT OUT:
I love to know what's going on in L.A., so I subscribe to a variety of emails that keep me informed. They include Thrillist, UrbanDaddy, Daily Candy, and the Rundown on L.A. When a place appears in more than one of them, I know it's going to be cool.
The folks who own the Thirsty Crow in Silver Lake, a retro speakeasy-feeling joint that specializes in rye-based cocktails, have done it again with the Sassafras Saloon in Hollywood. This place has barrel-aged cocktails, and specializes in Southern-style comfort food and ambiance. It's roomy enough to have two stories of a Savannah row-house inside it, with Spanish moss hanging from the rafters, lots of cozy seating, and antique furnishings aplenty. So much fun.
|Sassafras Saloon Interior, Hollywood, CA|
I believe I saw actor Neil McDonough with a crew of friends roll in about halfway through the festivities. Thanks for joining on my birthday, Neil! Celebrity sighting—check!
|Sassafras Cocktail Menu|
|Map to Sassafras Saloon|
|Dreams do come true!|
I've been filming all my sample box openings, so I'm now behind on editing, of course. I've got my Sedona Lace Swatch Saturday 28 Neutral palette photos to edit, so lots to do this weekend! And lots of fun to come!
As always, please let me know what you think in the comments below. What did you do for your last birthday? What are you planning for your next? How do you like to do it up? Let me know!