All shadow names created by me so I can talk about the shades.
|With my crazy names|
|Freckle-Palooza under top two rows|
|Bottom two rows|
|Nice highlight shades. Puck and Kid Gloves have some shimmer.|
|Blending shades. Cameo is pinker with more shimmer|
|Eos is a soft shimmery blushing rose. Sorellina and Citrine have shimmer. Ipanema is just a pale tan.|
|These are lovely shimmery accent shades. Love Bordello's velvety quality.|
|All great highlights for lid and browbone. Each has a light shimmer.|
|Mouse is a nice medium tone to help blend out a crease color. The others are shimmery variations. Love the mauvey lavender tones in Lazarus, and the shimmering|
sandy colors of Maximus (Gladiator fan, me!)
|These would all work in the crease for me, with Sofia on the lid because it has shimmer. |
It's nice to have such an array of medium dark browns.
|Toast is a nice intense shimmery brown.|
Took me 4-5 passes to make Carbonara look this dark.
it's not a black but a charcoal gray with a touch
of multi-colored shimmer.
- This palette has every neutral shade you might need, with nothing too brilliantly shiny. Even Mab and Bordello and Sofia, the ones with the most shimmer, are pretty subtle.
- These are full-sized eye shadows, not the usual tiny dime sized domed pots, so you can get your brush into them and cover more area quickly.
- The colors aren't named, making it hard to remember and recreate looks you made on the fly
- Some shades seem very similar to each other
- Shades could be a bit more pigmented
- Arrangement of shades could be more logical, i.e. shimmers separated from mattes; warm grouped together, cool grouped together.
- Very good value. Currently it's 14.95 on Sedona Lace's website.
- Great neutral starter set
- Great addition to my kit!
Cheers, Beauty Fans!