Wednesday, October 24, 2012

MS Bay to Bay Bike Ride and Rainproof Look!



Hi, Beauty Fans! This post is going to be fairly different from my usual Face of the Day or sample-box-opening video. When I started getting back in shape physically after, well, forever, I did it by signing up for athletic events through my company. My company is very committed to community outreach and volunteering, so the athletic events I did had a fundraising and charitable element to them.

Through this one event, I got to know other folks who did other events, and I came to join friends to do the Ride to End MS, aka the MS Bay to Bay, which is one of many many events, including walks, runs and bike rides that take place all over the USA to raise funds to fight MS, a terrible debilitating disease.

This is my third year doing this ride, and although it’s 100 miles of biking in two days, it made my legs burn like crazy, and I was bone tired at the end, it was so satisfying. Not only is it a very worthy cause, it is a beautiful ride, even in the rain. The sun came out just as we were reaching the prettiest of the oceanside vistas. The volunteers are so wonderful, cheering us on, and reminding us why we are doing it. I recommend you check out this link to learn more about helping fight MS: nationalmssociety.org.

Face:
  • Neutrogena Sportface Sun block – ha ha. No sun until the last hour, so oh, well!
Cheeks:
  • Jouer Tint in Bronzed to contour under cheekbones 
  • Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 9, a bright peachy coral, on apples of cheeks
Eyes
  • Make Up For Ever Waterproof Aqua Cream in 15, a bronzey Taupe
  • Make Up For Ever Aquacolor black pencil smoked out over the bronzey Aquacolor on lids and 2/3 of the way from outer corner in on lower lash line, and tightlined on upper and lower lash lines. Blend, blend and blend!
  • Jane Iredale mascara sealed and waterproofed on top with lots of Anastasia Lash Genius. 
  • Milani Brow Pen in 01
Lips:
  • Revlon Just Bitten Balmstain in Adore, three coats applied, and blotted in between to make the color last
Here are my photos and, as you can see, this look lasted for 40 miles of biking on Sunday!
Freshly Applied

At the Top of Torrey Pines climb
Cheers, Beauty Fans!

xxxooo, BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment