|Wildlash feather peacock lashes|
|From September's Elle Magazine.|
Don't you love when magazines do pieces like this showing all the products and where each shade goes on your eyes? Thank you, Elle!!! And thank you, iPad, for having a way for me to take a perfectly clean shot of any magazine page when I open my magazines digitally. Yay!
|Mr. Pussycat loves the limelight|
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
- Essie in Jamaica Me Crazy!
- Wet n' Wild in Poison Ivy
- Spoiled by Wet n' Wild in Show Me the Money!
- Revlon Gucci Westman Cream Eye Shadow Palette in Midnight Express (Did anyone see this movie in the 70s? If you did, you'd never ever name anything remotely related to beauty after it. Maybe this dates me just as much, but you would also never name anything beauty-related after Deliverance, no matter how much you love Burt Reynolds, and John Voight, who does still have a pretty mouth. Nuff said.)
- Ardell Wildlash false eye lashes.
|Gucci Westman Midnight Express Revlon palette|
|Gucci Westman Revlon cream eye shadow palette in Midnight Express|
|Spoiled by Wet n' Wild in Show Me the Money|
|Wet n' Wild in Poison Ivy|
|Essie in Jamaica Me Crazy|
|OMG—these are fantabulash!|
|Crest 3D White Tooth Paste|
|Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie|
- They are soft like a balm, but they seem to last a lot longer on my lips: 2-3 hours, which is a long time for me!
- Their colors have dimension, with some interesting shimmer with subtle yet unusual colors (green? gray? blue? look closely at some of these and see if I'm not crazy) That shine and borderline duochrome helps round out the shape of your lips, just as a duochrome shade on your eyes will make your lids look nice and rounded. I have thin lips, so I need this!
- The packaging is yummy looking.
- They are way cheaper than the Clinique lippies for which they are clearly a dupe.
- Even though they come in a wide variety of shades, from brights to neutrals, each one is a bit sheer, so they all work quite well for day and office.
|This one is very much a YLBB, aka, a "Your Lips But Better" shade|
|You can see the soft, satiny sheen here, and the subtlety of the shade.|
- I just tried stand up paddle boarding through a Groupon I got for http://www.gosurfla.com/. So much fun! Our teacher Ethan was supercool, and gave us all we needed to know to get up, including a nice firm push through the surf to get out beyond the break. Feels like walking on water, not to blaspheme or anything. If you've always wanted to try it, do! Us women have a nice low center of gravity, which gives us an advantage in most board sports. Try it and see if I'm wrong.
- I got Rosetta Stone French, all 5 levels, for my birthday, and I love this program! If you want to learn another language, this is the way to go. Pleasantly addictive and motivating with lots of helpful lessons and live online real time classes! What an amazing deal! Je l'aime!
- If you're like me and you watch tons of beauty YouTube gurus, you know the expression "I absolutely love it!" is one everybody says a lot. I have caught myself using it quite a bit, too. Maybe us beauty fans should come up with a YouTube Beauty drinking game? That phrase would definitely be a cue to drink!