Sunday, September 30, 2012

CVS Drugstore Haul with a touch of Halloween!

Went to CVS while waiting for my husband to get out of outpatient surgery, and found many lovely new things! Here is my video, and a few lovely photos.



Wildlash feather peacock lashes
When I bought these, the check-out woman was all, "I just put these out!" So go get 'em. I have a feeling they won't last long in the stores. I can't wait to try that Pat McGrath butterfly eye look with these on Halloween!
From September's Elle Magazine. 
The Pat McGrath look is at the top of this page above, from Elle Magazine's September issue.

Don't you love when magazines do pieces like this showing all the products and where each shade goes on your eyes? Thank you, Elle!!! And thank you, iPad, for having a way for me to take a perfectly clean shot of any magazine page when I open my magazines digitally. Yay!

Mr. Pussycat loves the limelight
Here are the products from top left, clockwise:
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
  • Essie in Jamaica Me Crazy!
  • Wet n' Wild in Poison Ivy
  • Spoiled by Wet n' Wild in Show Me the Money!
  • Revlon Gucci Westman Cream Eye Shadow Palette in Midnight Express (Did anyone see this movie in the 70s? If you did, you'd never ever name anything remotely related to beauty after it. Maybe this dates me just as much, but you would also never name anything beauty-related after Deliverance, no matter how much you love Burt Reynolds, and John Voight, who does still have a pretty mouth. Nuff said.)
  • Ardell Wildlash false eye lashes.
Gucci Westman Midnight Express Revlon palette
Since I bought this, I tried the burgundy shade bottom right as a base, and over Urban Decay primer potion. It has some subtle golden glitter in there, and the burgundy shade is gorgeous with my green eyes. Believe it or not, it did crease, even with the UDPP, just a tiny bit. I still like this thing and want to test out the rest of the shades. Creasing is bad, tho, especially on my hooded lids!

Gucci Westman Revlon cream eye shadow palette in Midnight Express

Spoiled by Wet n' Wild in Show Me the Money
Leprechaun Pot O Goldy! So shimmery and wondrous!

Wet n' Wild in Poison Ivy
I love dark green nails. So much more modern than the tried and true OPI Russian Navy. More interesting than black.

Essie in Jamaica Me Crazy
This is such a fun disco-ish Bob Mackie shade. Super glam and girlie.

OMG—these are fantabulash!
Look at those brilliant cobalt spots!

Crest 3D White Tooth Paste
I think this is making my teeth look whiter. Cool!

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
Here's what I love about the Revlon lip butters:
  • They are soft like a balm, but they seem to last a lot longer on my lips: 2-3 hours, which is a long time for me!
  • Their colors have dimension, with some interesting shimmer with subtle yet unusual colors (green? gray? blue? look closely at some of these and see if I'm not crazy) That shine and borderline duochrome helps round out the shape of your lips, just as a duochrome shade on your eyes will make your lids look nice and rounded. I have thin lips, so I need this!
  • The packaging is yummy looking.
  • They are way cheaper than the Clinique lippies for which they are clearly a dupe.
  • Even though they come in a wide variety of shades, from brights to neutrals, each one is a bit sheer, so they all work quite well for day and office.
This one is very much a YLBB, aka, a "Your Lips But Better" shade
I love to wear bright lips, but on most days, a nice neutral pink that gives your lips just a bit of pop is a wiser way to go. This shade is perfect for that!
You can see the soft, satiny sheen here, and the subtlety of the shade.
Well, that's my CVS September beauty haul! Hope you liked! Please leave your comments in the bar below, and I'd love it if you'd subscribe to this blog on Bloglovin, and to my YouTube channel. That way you won't miss a thing!

Random stuff:
  • I just tried stand up paddle boarding through a Groupon I got for http://www.gosurfla.com/. So much fun! Our teacher Ethan was supercool, and gave us all we needed to know to get up, including a nice firm push through the surf to get out beyond the break. Feels like walking on water, not to blaspheme or anything. If you've always wanted to try it, do! Us women have a nice low center of gravity, which gives us an advantage in most board sports. Try it and see if I'm wrong.
  • I got Rosetta Stone French, all 5 levels, for my birthday, and I love this program! If you want to learn another language, this is the way to go. Pleasantly addictive and motivating with lots of helpful lessons and live online real time classes! What an amazing deal! Je l'aime!
  • If you're like me and you watch tons of beauty YouTube gurus, you know the expression "I absolutely love it!" is one everybody says a lot. I have caught myself using it quite a bit, too. Maybe us beauty fans should come up with a YouTube Beauty drinking game? That phrase would definitely be a cue to drink!
Happy Sunday, and thanks for visiting my blog!

<3BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment