Saturday, March 24, 2012

Face of the Day with Stila Lavender Eyes

Lavender Eyes Look with Bright Glossy Lips
With my green eyes, purple and lavender shadows can look really cool. They almost work like neutrals in that they don't call a lot of attention to themselves, but, since they are complementary colors on the color wheel to the green, they really make my eyes pop!
Stila Palette with Lavender Strip second from left
 It's amazing how purple and lavender can work for day, and they also set off a bright coral lip really well. Although I did love playing with the blues, I have to admit, lavender is much more in my wheelhouse. 





So here's what I used:

Embryolisse Lait-Créme Concentré
Moisturizer: Thank you, Pixiwoo Sam--This Embryolisse stuff is indeed a great moisturizer! This was also part of my The Makeup Show LA haul, coming soon to a Youtube near you. I'll post when I do.

Foundation: Skin79 Super+ Beblesh Balm. I still love this BB cream for the smooth finish and all of the nice things it's supposed to be doing for me, especially the SPF 25. The L.A. sun is strong! Well, not these days, but usually, it's bright and powerful!

My Unii Palette with La Femme Blushes
Cheeks: Precious Plum on top of cheekbones, and the contour color included with the Stila Palette under cheekbones and on perimeter of face. The La Femme colors are gorgeous, and I love that since they were so economical, I can afford to have this many blush choices!

Eyes:
  • Stila lavender strip as shown above. The lightest color from lash line up to browbone, the middle color in crease and outer half of lid, and blended together with a fluffy brush.
  • Brows: Anastazia Brow Whiz in Ashe Blonde
  • Mascara: Stila Lash Visor Waterproof in Black
  • Eyeliner: The black color from Smashbox's Metallic Cream Liner Palette, another The Makeup Show LA purchase, and one I am loving!!! The brush included in the palette is great for tight-lining, which is the best technique for using liner to fill in between your lashes and really feature your eyes.  Here's a link to a tutorial on Tight lining.
Lips: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter: Tutti Frutti and Peach Parfait layered together. These have such a nice glossy finish and feel like balm. They are fast moving past favorite in my world and heading toward Holy Grail product status. Joy!!!


That's it for today's look. Now go out there and have fun!

Cheers, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment