Saturday, March 3, 2012

First Post and Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

If you've followed my other blog, you know I've been obsessed with cycling, food and libation for quite some time. But during the off season, I have found myself enamored of beauty YouTube channels and blogs. I have noticed a lack of shall we say "mature" beauty YouTubers and bloggers out there, so here goes me, blogging about beauty.

And now for the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter.... the smoothness, the way it stays on, the beautiful color payoff that still manages to be sheer, even in the brightest shades. This is a cult product for all of these reasons, and now that the furor seems to have died down at the drugstores, you can actually get all of the colors you want.

The image shows all of the shades I own. I was able to stop at 10, for now. There are 20 shades total. From left to right, mine are: 060 Gumdrop, 085 Sugar Plum, 010 Raspberry Pie, 090 Sweet Tart, 005 Sugar Frosting, 025 Peach Parfait, 015 Tutti Frutti, 035 Candy Apple, 001 Pink Truffle, 095 Crème Brulée.

Faves of these are Crème Brulée, which is such a nice vanilla nude with gold glimmer, Candy Apple, a bright warm red that is sheer enough to wear to work, Tutti Frutti, which satisfies my need to own a a lipstick in this year's Pantone shade of the year, Tangerine, and Sugar Plum, a friendly everyday, yeah, you guessed it, plum.

Other shades I'm considering: Red Velvet, which I think is a cool red that will make my teeth look whiter. (Gotta get me some Crest strips or some kind of whitening system, because, damn!) Also might get me Lollypop, the bright fuchsia shade, even though I already have a Sephora lipstick that color. Might get the Berry Smoothie color, since Fleur de Force on YouTube is so gaga for it, and she's a blonde like me.  But probably I should hold off, since my medicine cabinet lipstick holder is now over-full. If this goes on, I definitely see some stacking makeup storage in my future.

These are so easy to apply and go.  No blotting needed.  You don't even have to concentrate super-hard on making a pretty clean line. They work like a gloss, last like a lipstick, and feel like a balm. Love!

Well that's it for the first post. Thanks for reading, now go have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment