|Natural light in the car -- Scary Face, Sorry!|
|Natural light in the office|
|Eyes closed to show shadow detail|
Who says mature faces shouldn't try fun eye shadow colors like Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Tenacious Teal?
After going to the LA Makeup Show, and picking up a free copy of ON MAKEUP MAGAZINE, I was inspired to try Tenacious Teal all around my eyes. I have mostly green eyes that can look blue, gray or hazel in different lights, and I liked the way one model in the magazine looked with turquoise all around her eyes. I found I needed to neutralize the shadow a bit with some soft taupey colors from my NYX Nude on Nude palette to tone it down for work. Here's what I used:
- Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre
- Skin79 Super Beblesh Balm
- Coty Translucent Loose Powder (OK, I know I need to buy something more modern)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (I realize I may not have needed this with the Color Tattoo formulation, but my eyelids are extra oily, and at this point, it's just what I always use)
- Selma Hayak brow pencil in Medium Blonde. This is a bit darker than my Anastasia pencil and I thought I might need more definition on my brows
- Around upper and lower lash line: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo cream shadow in Tenacious Teal applied with flat liner brush, two layers on top and just a bit connecting the lower lash line with the outer corners
- Powder shadow matching Tenacious Teal from my gigundo Crown Brush palette that has every single shade of the rainbow. Love this! Makes me feel like an artist as I fumble around in my bathroom.
- Taupe shade and gray blue shade from NYX Nude on Nude Palette at outer edges of upper lid. Also over a lighter cream shade all over lids, and into the crease in a V-shape connecting outer crease and outer edge of eyelids.
- Tightline with Loreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in black 905. Where have these gone from my CVS? I really like this cream eyeliner and wanted to get it in a navy, brown and eggplant color, too. Hmmm. So I tightline above and below my upper lash line with a very flat chisel brush from Bare Escentuals--now one of my favorite tools.
- Blend all on lids with Beauty Blender to tone town blue a bit...it is daytime, after all. Even though I do love a bit of drama at all times!
- Stila Lash Visor Waterproof Mascara in black 01.
- Tested out my new La Femme blush in Precious Plum, which is kind of a cool shade for my golden toned skin, so I needed a bit extra.
- Contoured with Aveda Petal Essence bronzer in 165 Bronze Glow beneath cheekbones and all around perimeter of face. This one is so easy to blend and layer!
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait and toned down with Sugar Frosting. I love the way you can fine tune your lip color by blending these babies together. I keep thinking about more colors I need to own of these. Addictive!!!