Thursday, March 22, 2012

Face of the Day with Tenacious Teal from Maybelline Color Tattoo

Natural light in the car -- Scary Face, Sorry!

Natural light in the office

Eyes closed to show shadow detail


Who says mature faces shouldn't try fun eye shadow colors like Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Tenacious Teal?

After going to the LA Makeup Show, and picking up a free copy of ON MAKEUP MAGAZINE, I was inspired to try Tenacious Teal all around my eyes.  I have mostly green eyes that can look blue, gray or hazel in different lights, and I liked the way one model in the magazine looked with turquoise all around her eyes. I found I needed to neutralize the shadow a bit with some soft taupey colors from my NYX Nude on Nude palette to tone it down for work.  Here's what I used:

Face:
  • Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre
  • Skin79 Super Beblesh Balm
  • Coty Translucent Loose Powder (OK, I know I need to buy something more modern)
Eyes
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion (I realize I may not have needed this with the Color Tattoo formulation, but my eyelids are extra oily, and at this point, it's just what I always use)
  • Selma Hayak brow pencil in Medium Blonde. This is a bit darker than my Anastasia pencil and I thought I might need more definition on my brows
  • Around upper and lower lash line: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo cream shadow in Tenacious Teal applied with flat liner brush, two layers on top and just a bit connecting the lower lash line with the outer corners
  • Powder shadow matching Tenacious Teal from my gigundo Crown Brush palette that has every single shade of the rainbow.  Love this! Makes me feel like an artist as I fumble around in my bathroom.
  • Taupe shade and gray blue shade from NYX Nude on Nude Palette at outer edges of upper lid. Also over a lighter cream shade all over lids, and into the crease in a V-shape connecting outer crease and outer edge of eyelids.
  • Tightline with Loreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in black 905. Where have these gone from my CVS?  I really like this cream eyeliner and wanted to get it in a navy, brown and eggplant color, too. Hmmm.  So I tightline above and below my upper lash line with a very flat chisel brush from Bare Escentuals--now one of my favorite tools.
  • Blend all on lids with Beauty Blender to tone town blue a bit...it is daytime, after all.  Even though I do love a bit of drama at all times!
  • Stila Lash Visor Waterproof Mascara in black 01.
Cheeks:
  • Tested out my new La Femme blush in Precious Plum, which is kind of a cool shade for my golden toned skin, so I needed a bit extra.
  • Contoured with Aveda Petal Essence bronzer in 165 Bronze Glow beneath cheekbones and all around perimeter of face. This one is so easy to blend and layer!
 Lips:
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait and toned down with Sugar Frosting. I love the way you can fine tune your lip color by blending these babies together. I keep thinking about more colors I need to own of these. Addictive!!!
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to subscribe to this blog, or get it on your RSS reader!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment