Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Smashbox Photo Op Palette: Softbox with Turquoise

I've been seeing a lot of gorgeous eye looks that are basically neutral with a pop of bright color under the eyes, so I thought I'd try one, using my holy grail product: the smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette.

I used the Softbox quad you can see at the bottom of the above picture. I put Fizz all over my lids, Pebble in the crease, Minx in a wedge shape on the outer edge of the lid, and Sienna along the upper lash line.
I used smashbox Full Exposure mascara, and then lined the eyes all around with Midnight Brown gel liner (see below.) But I left the space from the middle toward the tear duct free and filled it in with the Turquoise Eye liner pencil. I sealed it with some Physician's Formula eye shadow in a similar color from the Green Eye Pop palette.

I used the blonde and taupe shades shown below (third row down) on my eyebows, applying the wax, and then mixing the shades onto my brows with an angled brush from my Real Techniques collection.
I also used the Warm Apricot blush on my cheeks

I like the way the turquoise in the middle pops the green shades in my eyes.
The glitter in the NYX pencil likes to travel a bit, though.


Here are the pencils I used around my lash lines:
Sephora Flashy Liner Waterpoof in 08 Flashy Blue
NYX Slide on Pencil in 02 Black Sparkle

Sephora Flashy Liner Waterpoof in 08 Flashy Blue
NYX Slide on Pencil in 02 Black Sparkle
So, Lovely Ladies over 40, would you try this pop of bright color on your lash line? What do you think?

I think it would also be cool with an emerald or spring or dragonfly green.

Thanks for reading my post. Share your thoughts about this new trend below!

Cheers!

:)BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment