|Lemon Aqua Eyes Look|
I've been in a purple or blue eye makeup rut for just days, and today I came up with something that I was really proud of:
- I broke out that Crown Brush palette, and used a bunch of the pale lemon yellow shades layered over each other on my whole lid.
- I then did some aqua green on the outer third of the eyelid
- I used a deeper blue aqua in the crease and along the lash line
- Then used some Cinema Secrets liner fix fluid with olive green with gold shimmer to make one pass of liner along the lashes
- Then finally I used my Smashbox metallic liner palette and worked not with the black or navy shade, but with the fawn brown.
- The color palette is kind of 60s retro. Damn, that Madmen just enters your dreams and changes your whole aesthetic, doesn't it?
- Finished off the look with Revlon Colorstay Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, which is a great shade for my skin tone, doesn't blend into my skin like a lot of nude shades do, and yet is neutral enough not to fight with all the pastel color on my lids.
|You can see how the Urban Decay Primer Potion gets kind of scaley on me.|
Not the prettiest look.And the liner has gone into the wrinkles a bit.
But you gotta love that aqua at the outer edges.
|Photographed around sunset|
Do you think that you absorb color palettes when you are a baby? If so, that must be why I love shades from the mid-to-late 60s.
Or maybe I love that aqua because it's the color of Bermuda water over the sand at about a depth that would put you chest-high in it, in all that warm silky ocean. Ahhh. Summertime.
Cheers, and please let me know what you think below!