Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lemon Aqua Eyes

Lemon Aqua Eyes Look
 Hello, Lovely Readers!

I've been in a purple or blue eye makeup rut for just days, and today I came up with something that I was really proud of:
  • I broke out that Crown Brush palette, and used a bunch of the pale lemon yellow shades layered over each other on my whole lid.
  • I then did some aqua green on the outer third of the eyelid
  • I used a deeper blue aqua in the crease and along the lash line
  • Then used some Cinema Secrets liner fix fluid with olive green with gold shimmer to make one pass of liner along the lashes
  • Then finally I used my Smashbox metallic liner palette and worked not with the black or navy shade, but with the fawn brown.
  • The color palette is kind of 60s retro. Damn, that Madmen just enters your dreams and changes your whole aesthetic, doesn't it?
  • Finished off the look with Revlon Colorstay Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, which is a great shade for my skin tone, doesn't blend into my skin like a lot of nude shades do, and yet is neutral enough not to fight with all the pastel color on my lids.
More pictures below.

You can see how the Urban Decay Primer Potion gets kind of scaley on me.
Not the prettiest look.And the liner has gone into the wrinkles a bit.
But you gotta love that aqua at the outer edges.



Photographed around sunset
 Would you wear this aqua, because, wow, do I love it!

Do you think that you absorb color palettes when you are a baby? If so, that must be why I love shades from the mid-to-late 60s.

Or maybe I love that aqua because it's the color of Bermuda water over the sand at about a depth that would put you chest-high in it, in all that warm silky ocean. Ahhh. Summertime.

Cheers, and please let me know what you think below!

:)BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment