Thursday, January 24, 2013

Neutral FOTD with IMATs Stuff

I created this simple elegant look with my new IMATs purchase - the Mehron E.Y.E. palette of eight neutral shades. The subdued cat-eye look uses Make Up Geek's gel eye liner in Mobster, another IMATs buy.

Cheeks - Sleek Face Face Form in Light:

  • I love the contour in this palette, which is only slightly warm in tone.
  • The blush is a really gold-kissed coral peach which looks a bit crazy bright in the pan, but which blends like a dream with a light touch.
  • The highlighter is a bit gold, a bit pink, and very pretty. I love how easy it is to do all three of these steps with this pretty little palette.
  • If I lived in the UK, Sleek would be my favorite drugstore brand, by far.

Foundation:

  • Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment - Ah, spots, will I have you in the old age home? Maybe. But this stuff can definitely reduce you, as long as I use it regularly. It has 2.5 percent benzoil peroxide, which is just enough to dry out the problems areas, but not enough to turn them into a flaky mess. That's what 5 percent would do, so I don't recommend that you use products that have that much.
  • LaRoche-Posay Age Defying Primer - I love that this primer has an SPF of 50, and it goes on very smoothly.
  • Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation in Light: The girl at Sephora said I have golden toned skin, so she recommended this, but I find it's just a touch too yellow. So I mix it with the following product:
  • skin79 Triple Function Beblesh Balm in the Orange Packaging: This one is too white for me, so it benefits from mixing it with other products.
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 004 Sandstone: Since I really got into makeup again around this time last year, I have only used a few powders. This one goes on easily and makes my skin matte right away. I got this on a Tanya Burr YouTube recommendation. I do notice I usually need to use it in two coats, probably because I'm using a lot of creamy products for my base.

Eyes:

  • This was my first time using the MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot, and right away, I'm sold! Instant coverage, sets up right away, and made all of the shadows I put on top much more vivid, yet easier to blend.
  • Mehron Palette: Natural Wheat all over lid - this is the second lightest shade. White on brow bone and tear duct. Fawn in crease and on outer third of lid. Espresso in the crease to define it more strongly. I used Toffee to blend the crease color up into the brow bone color. This was my first time using this palette, and I have to say, it is fabulous. I had compared this one to the Viseart #1 palette, which is Nikkie Tutorials' favorite, and that one does have more colors, a few more corally neutrals and more grays, but this one was $40, and that one seems to average twice that online, partly because it's a European brand. I love this one. I'll probably buy that Viseart palette in Europe, if I can find it, but this one will probably go with me.
  • Makeup Geek Gel LIner in Mobster: I was inspired to use this after watching Continuum on SyFy the night before. What a great show! The lead girl, Rachel Nichols, has these amazing pale blue eyes, and on the show they seem to simply line them with brown all around. So gorgeous on her. If you like Science Fiction, definitely check this show out. So about this liner. I love the consistency. I love the color and pigmentation. But under it eyes, like everything else, it moved around a lot in about two hours, so I am going to have to powder it with a matching shade of eye shadow and see if that helps. That's a bit disappointing, but not a deal breaker. I don't know of any products that don't need to be sealed under the eyes in order to not migrate.

IMATs was amazing, people! I saw so many of my favorite beauty gurus, got to say hi and take pictures! Thanks, Phyrra, Marlena and EleventhGorgeous!

I wasn't ready for how much cool special effects makeup there was to check out at IMATs, and I saw what seemed to be the entire cast of Face Off from all the seasons. Very cool! The Makeup Museum had some pretty darned cool stuff!

So I keep promising myself I'll do a video on my IMATs Haul, so look for that.

Oh, and I also did the Tinker Bell Half Marathon on that same day! So it was kind of a biggie for me. I probably would have bought more at IMATs if I hadn't done that. As it was, I couldn't believe I made it through that MAC line. I would have probably done the same at Sigma, but I was starting to crash.

I really want that Paris Palette, darn it. No, I don't need it, but I want it!

Well, it's raining here in L.A. and spring is coming. I'm going to France in April, and to Paris for the first time since 1998, so get ready for some great stuff!

Cheers, Beauty Fans!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment