Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tarte Carried Away Palette First Look!

Thought I'd try out the Tarte Carried Away palette today. The result was a stronger look than any I did this week. I wore this with a bright red blouse and the reddest of the Maracuja glosses that came in the kit.

I put Georgia Peach all over the lid from crease to brow, then did a gradient from inner to outer edge of the lid: Tuscan Sun on the inner third, Coral Reef in the middle third, then Acai Jungle on the outer third, and in the crease, blended up into Georgia Peach on the browbone.

Was a touch disappointed with the pigmentation of the Coral Reef shade. It looked so bright and pretty in the pan, but took some building to get impact on my eye. Maybe it's better wet, or over a base cream like the NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk. Acai Jungle had a bit of green in it, which was a surprise, and it made for a more strong, makeup artisty type look. I think that Acai Jungle has a color shift from brownish burgundy to deep forest green. Definitely psyched to try more of these quads, so thanks to my sister Mary for getting me this awesome kit!

What do you think?

The rest of the products were pretty much the same things I used on the rest of the looks this week. The Tarte Maracuja foundation in light is still shockingly yellow to me, but just a touch of my skin79 BB cream lightens it enough to match my skin better.

Didn't have time to do my brows. Eek! My bangs hid it, mostly.

The Maracuja red gloss wore off within an hour, so I put on my new L'Oréal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Endless Red. Have you tried these yet? I really like these! They go on wet, and once they set, they feel kind of like gelatin, lots of staying power, but they feel emollient. I think there's some alcohol in there, which evaporates and leaves that long-wearing soft slick feeling stuff. Once even that wears away, there's a stain left on your lips. Really interesting product, not like anything I've tried. Go check them out! I have the Lilac one, the Caramel one, the Red, and the the Coral.

Doing the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in ten days, People!

Hope you had a nice Thursday!

Love, BeautyJones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment