Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Loreal Infallible Endless Pearl Eyes FOTD

I had some CVS coupons, so on the recommendation of several YouTubers, thought I'd try the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows. Got Endless Pearl and Amber Rush, since these were pretty close to Maybelline Color Tattoo shades I'd failed to score because some other more obsessed shopper had got there first.

I wonder, are drugstore makeup marketers aware of how some products become cult objects and get snapped up at CVS right on the Friday they go onto shelves? Target has had lots of success publicizing this kind of thing with their own designer capsule collections. I still feel like many folks I know don't know how amazing certain drugstore products can be. I think, down the road, I'll do a post listing my favorites. Hmmm.

Anyway, also thought I'd check out that nice brown shade from my MAC runway Spring Forecast palette. It's cool, and it blends pretty nicely with a synthetic concealer brush. I used a bdellium one I got at The Makeup Show LA.

I'm going to IMATS weekend after next on January 19th. If you're coming, too, comment below.

So here's what I used for this FOTD

Face:

  • Anthelios Primer with Sunscreen - Got this because I was worried I needed more coverage now that the sun's out again here in LA.
  • skin79 Orange BB Cream mixed with Dr. Jart BB cream to get my shade. Gotta go back to the Hot Pink version of skin79's BB cream. I actually liked that it started out gray and oxidized to match my skin tone. The orange one is way too light for me, and ends up looking, I don't know, a little Crypt Keeper? by the end of the day. The Dr. Jart helps tone down the whiteness, but this is a stopgap for now.
  • Applied BB cream mixture with a moistened Beauty Blender. It really does leave the smoothest finish
  • Milani Stay Matte pressed powder in Sandstorm
  • Concealer under eye: Cinema Secrets light peach shade sealed with Tarte Smooth Operator -- this stuff works very well and doesn't look cakey! This was from my Tarte Carried Away kit, which I got for Christmas - Yay! I'll be buying a full sized one when this runs out.

Eyes:

  • Lids: L'OrĂ©al Infallible in Endless Pearl
  • Crease: MAC Runway Spring Forecast 2013 palette, the bottom one, a nice warm brown cream shadow
  • Lash lines: Same shade from above MAC palette
  • Milani brow pen in blonde on eyebrows
  • Maybelline Eye Studio felt-tipped liquid liner on upper lashline
  • NYX Slide-On Pencil in Tropical Green tightlined on top lashline, and over liquid liner to make that mutha green!

Cheeks:

  • Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Adventurous

Lips:

  • Tarte Maracuja gloss in Jena. Ugh--when companies give their products girl's names, I just cringe. Do you feel the same way? Comment below. Anyway, this gloss has a gentle minty feel, and the colors are so gorgeous. This one's a kind of pinkish terra cotta that is like a Your Lips But Better for me. It seems to last a few hours, which is pretty long for a gloss.

Hope you enjoy, Beauty Fans!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment