Monday, January 28, 2013

Tarte Carried Away Eye Look

Today I was tempted to keep on using my new favorite palette, the Mehron E.Y.E. 207 with its rich buttery matte neutral shades. But I thought I'd branch out and use my Tarte Carried away palette instead. I used the quad that includes these shades:

  • Pearl River - a ballet pink with pearly blue shimmer
  • Seychelles Sand - a pale mink pink matte
  • Martha's Vineyard - a deep deep plum

I put Pearl River all over my lids, then started with Seychelles Sand in my crease, and deepened it with an outer V using Martha's Vineyard, which was plummier than I thought. It looks pretty brown in the pan.

Overall, I'd say these Tarte shadows are not as smooth as the Mehron ones. I love the subtlety and variety of shades, though. And this basically lavender gray eye shadow look is a nice alternative to the mauve and brown neutral looks.

I used the MAC Fluidline gel in Blacktrack for a slightly winged cat eye, then found I wanted to redo it using the Maybelling Eye Studio liner pen. I love how easy this is to use! It seems I have yet to find a holy grail eye liner. So far Makeup Geek's has my favorite consistency. I may end up just sticking to my eye liner pen from Maybelline. Milani also has a great one.

For the lip I went back to the Maybelline Lip Butters and chose Sugar Plum 085. These don't last on me more than an hour, but very few things do. I love how emollient it feels on my lips, which are so dry in this winter weather!

For eyebrows I was loving my Selma Hayak Nuance pen in Medium Blonde today. This one works as well as the Anastasia one, but costs less. On some days it has a bit too much red in it, but mostly, it's my fave. The one I own is a repurchase. I hope this line lasts at the drugstores. Not sure how well it's doing. I haven't seen many bloggers writing about it, or many YouTubers talking about it.

For blush I used the Sleek Face Form in light with a bit of my BeautyStar peachy blush from their latest box. Love Beautystar!

Have a great day, Lovely readers! Happy Monday!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment