Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympic Edition: Waterproof Workout Makeup

It's the big day, everybody! Go USA! The opening ceremonies are tonight. And the cycling road race is tomorrow. Apparently if I wanted to I could get up at 2am and watch it on my iPad. We'll see if my home WiFi can really deliver that. Hmmm.

I am thrilled to see how London does their Olympics!


I'm headed to London in a couple of weeks so I'm reading London history and downloading Tube maps for my mobile devices and virtual guide books. If I have time I'll put together a post on what I'm bringing. I hope to have time to do a photo for that really cool "I am packed" blog that just shows people's stuff neatly folded and arranged for a trip.

But today I have for you a video about makeup you can wear when you are working out, or even when you are doing a race as long as a half marathon. That's the longest race I've run.

Before Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2012

 Why I Run Road Races, and Why Maybe You Should Too (Fitness)

 

And when I say race, I mean, sort of a stroll. The RunDisney races always have lots to look at, lots of characters to get your picture taken with. I never do these things to set records because, let's face it, I'm not going to do that, but to have fun and to test myself. And to give myself a reason to train. That's one way I try to stay fit. Try it! It works!

Goofy pose after Half Marathon. Sparkle Skirt from Team Sparkle

Race SWAG! Race Expo finds!

 

Plus, running an organized race like the Tinker Bell Half Marathon (sorry, it's already sold out for the 2013 edition, but Run Disney has lots more great races, so check them out!) is just exciting and fun. You get a little swag bag. You get a gorgeous medal!!! You meet fellow weekend warrior athletes, and there's usually an expo where they sell cute workout duds, and great tools to help you as a runner. Tinker Bell's Expo had all kinds of cool running things for girls, like gorgeous Sweatybands.com headbands that stay on, hold your hair back very well. So well the Olympic Beach Vollyball teams could wear them. But they also come in an amazing array of colors, patterns and textures. Seriously, you'll find one to match any outfit. Love! Have to get more!

They also sold wings you can run in with matching skirts and arm warmers. OMG! This year I'll definitely do a haul video on what I pick up. Can't wait!

Here are the products I used to achieve this waterproof look:




Eyes:

  • Inner Corner and Browbone: Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eye Shadow in 05 Too Cool
  • Eyelid: MUFE Aqua Cream in 13 (white gold) on eyelids from lash line to crease
  • Crease, outer eyelid "wedge" and outer third of lower lash line: MUFE Aqua Cream in 15 (bronze) Use a dense brush to blend this in quickly at the edges. It sets up quickly and then will not move.
  • Mascara: Smashbox Full Exposure in Jet Black, let dry, then coat with Anastasia Lash Genius, which makes every and any mascara waterproof! It works!
  • Eye Liner and Tight Line: MUFE Aqua Eyes Pencil in Black 0L
  • Eye brow: Milani Brow Tint Pen

Cheeks:

  • Apples: MUFE Aqua Cream in 9? (Hey, MUFE folks. First of all, name your colors to make them memorable, second of all, make it so the print of the shade doesn't wear off the packaging so easily.) A pretty coral pink shade you can also use on lips.
  • Contour: Jouer Luminizing Moisure tint in bronze. If you are darker than me, check out a nice matte brown shade in the MUFE line. It will last better than this probably will. This is just what I had to hand. I like how it blends, though.

Face:

  • The high SFF product of your choice that doesn't pill under foundation: Try Neutrogena Sport Face
  • Aveda Mineral Tinted Moisture in 02/Beechwood. I like a tinted moisturizer because anything heavier will run and get all over your cute workout duds.
  • Concealer: My fave is Dermablend in my shade, Sand. Try not to use this if you can avoid it. I, personally, need a bit of coverage.
  • Powder: Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. You gotta set the cream products
  • Powder Concealer: Bare Minerals Bisque. This will make your concealer not sweat off quite so quickly.

Lips:

  • Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain & Color Seal Balm in Sangria. Lasts at least 4 hours on me!!! But the name is too darned long. Smashbox, I love you. Explore the beauty of pithiness in the naming of your products.
Here's my video! Happy working out! Let me know if you test these products. I'd love to hear how it goes. Get up and get moving. It's great for your health, good mood, and well being!

:)BeautyJones




No comments:

Post a Comment