Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Video: July Birchbox Opening

Of all my beauty sample subscriptions, I think Birchbox most consistently gets it right. This month's box is no exception with its 5 senses theme. As Pink Sith points out, not all of the products fully connects with those five senses, but I love that they have a theme and stick to it. I love the design and their sense of color. This one was a partnership with Glamour magazine.

What You Get

amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask and Hair treatment: I used the oil up right away because it smelled so good and because it was in a non-resealable pouch. Haven't used the hair mask yet. What the heck is Obliphica?

boscia BB cream: Haven't tried this, but if it's as good as the rest of their products I'll be happy. I love BB creams, but I've been sticking to the original Korean ones, with the exception of the Dr. Brandt sample with Flexitone, which I very much enjoy.

Eyeko skinny liquid liner: This turquoisey teal shade is very exciting, and this sample is more like a full sized product. It really stays on! Now I just have to feel bold enough to wear it. I think I'll be wearing this with a black liquid liner to anchor it. Love it! Love that I get to try this British brand before I get to London. Score!

Harvey Prince Hello Fragrance: This has bright top notes of citrus, a middle of plumeria, and something a touch musky on the bottom. If it had some woodnotes it would be everything I love in a fragrance. Great choice for summer!

Larabar uber bar in Bananas Foster: I've gotten Larabar products at many of the races I do, and I'm not gonna lie - they taste a bit like sawdust. This one is no exception. I stick to Clif bars. Maybe I don't get as much fiber, but then, I don't feel as if I'm eating wall compound, either.

Birchbox Exclusive Headphones: Great idea, adorable blue and pink color, but the sound quality is a bit flat and tinny. A for effort.

Here's my Video!

Hope you enjoyed this post. Please subscribe to my blog on Bloglovin, and subscribe to my YouTube Channel!

:)BeautyJones


No comments:

Post a Comment