Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September Birchbox Opening

I'm keeping true to my resolution to share my sample box openings with you for each and every subscription I have!

Here is my September Birchbox opening video. Please let me know what you think!


Here are the products I received in this shipment:
  • Benefit Cosmetics - foamingly clean facial wash + refined finish facial polish - nice brand, pretty packaging, but for me, scrubs and cleansers are less than exciting.

  • Color Club - Birchbox Custom Polish in Uptade (Could be a typo, I'm a-thinkin'. "Update" is supposed to be the name, maybe?) I really love this charcoal gray shade. I prefer getting these little nail polish samples. I am a Julep Maven subscriber, too, so my nail polish wardrobe is quickly becoming like Imelda Marcos's show wardrobe--yikes!

  • Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+ - yay, BB cream! I love it! I've tried this one, and it is very good if you have dry skin. I have combo skin, though, and I needed to powder this to set it. My skin79 Hot Pink Triple Function Beblesh Balm is still my favorite.

  • kate spade new york - twirl: bit of floral, fruit and spice. Cute but nothing that stands out in a crowd. Not really my style. I love Issey Miyake's fragrances, and Fracas, and Bvlgari's Thé Vert, so you have some idea of my tastes. As I begin to say in the vid, I think fragrance is a very personal thing. People's tastes vary a lot, so it's hard to judge. I avoid giving people fragrances as gifts unless I know it's one they love and know well. For instance, my Mom loves Joy by Balmain, which is a very rosy luxe kind of fragrance.

  • twistband Hair Tie - these are so popular nowadays. Lots of the interns at work wear them as bracelets. Cute.

  • Band-Aid Cynthia Rowley Dress Up - what an adorable little extra these are!

  • Birchbox Digital Download of 2 tracks by Tristan Prettyman: very friendly kind of a voice a bit like Zooey Deschanel's with a folksy feel. I like!
For more info on Birchbox, please visit:
http://www.birchbox.com

Have a wonderful day, Beauty Fans!

<3BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment