Wednesday, February 27, 2013

30 Day Makeup Challenge: Day 10, Nude Eyes, Nude Lips



Sorry for how long these blog post titles are getting. I much prefer short and sweet, but there's lots of info to convey.

So today's challenge was nude eyes and nude lips, which isn't so hard for me, and probably not for you, either, since nudes and neutrals are kind of the usual daily makeup look for those of us who do wear the stuff.

To make it more interesting for myself, I decided to use Mr, Wayne Goss's technique from one of his recent videos called "How to Blend Eye Makeup Like a Pro". I subscribe to his channel because his videos are brief and full of helpful info from a pro makeup artist. I also like his British accent, and he's pretty darned cute, as well.

The surprising tip in his video is to apply your crease color with your eye open so that you can really find the right groove. This is not terribly attractive, but it does work. And so that's what I tried for my eyes. I ended up with a bit darker application than I'm used to, but I like it. What do you think?







Eye Shadow, in order of application:
  • MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre on upper and lower lids all over
  • Lid: Mehron Natural Wheat
  • Crease: Mehron Cocoa and Espresso
  • Lid Outer Third: Mehron Black
  • Upper Lashline: Mehron Black
  • Lower Lashline: Mehron Espresso
  • Brows: Mehron Cocoa
For the nude lip, those of you who follow my blog a lot will probably able to guess what I did. Yes, it's Revlon's Just Bitten Balmstain in Honey! It's a slightly pink nude, but I prefer that. With my small lips and my age, I need some contrast between my lip color and my skin color.


I used my Mehron neutral eye palette for this, and I finished the look off with my black felt tip pen liner, the Maybelline Eye Studio one, which is my favorite at the moment. I'm finding as I look at my pictures I notice I like how this looks, and without it, my eyes just don't look finished.


I have started using Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combination Skin Foundation in 220 Natural Beige. Not only does this color match my skin way better than my Tarte Maracuja Oil foundation, or any of my BB creams, but this seems to have a more seamless look on my skin. It doesn't seem to move and get patchy or settle into lines like other foundations I've tried. And it's a drugstore foundation. I love it!
I like using Mehron Cocoa on my brows when I'm using the other shades from that palette on my lids. It gives the eye look a nice unified feel. Plus I find shadow and an angled brush help me get a more natural but well-defined brow.

I'm going to The Makeup Show LA this weekend. I'll be there at 9 or a little before on Saturday, so I hope to see you there. Remember you need some kind of pro credential to get into this event. I had a great time at this last year, so I'm really looking forward to it. I just figured out that Viseart is going to be there, so I may walk away with this long-lusted after item, the Viseart Eye Palette #1, a favorite of Nickie Tutorials, whom I adore. I also want to pick up some Inglot, some Make Up For Ever, and so on, and hopefully I won't go too crazy. The deals are awesome, and the vibe can be intense.
So that's it, Beauty Fans! More 30 Day Makeup Challenge stuff coming tomorrow!

Love, BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment