Thursday, February 14, 2013

30 Day Makeup Challenge Day 4: Smoky Eye

Don't try this at home, kids. Valentine's Day eye with shades of rose and pink, and smoky, too? Oh, yeah. that's what you got here!

 

I used these things:

  • Of course, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre as a primer
  • Base: Maybelline Color Tattoo the Limited Edition Pink color bought at Target
  • Lid: Urban Decay Vice Palette in Freebird
  • Lid, at edges to model shape: Urban Decay Naked 1 in Toasted
  • Crease: Urban Decay Vice Palette in Lace, and Urban Decay Naked 1 Buck
  • Crease, Upper and Lower Lash Line and Outer Lid in a V Shape: Sigma Paris Palette: Élyssée
  • Browbone: Sigma Paris Palette in Versailles
  • Mascara: Stila Forever Your Curl in Black
  • Tightliner: Urban Decay 27/7 Pencil in Perversion
  • Tightliner sealer: Urban Decay Naked Palette in Creep, and Paris Palette Eiffel - I used the blacks with shimmer to seal the black smoky liner.
  • Cheeks: Sigma Paris Palette in Peche
  • Cheek HIghlight: Sigma Paris Palette in Lumiere
  • Lips: Revlon Just Bitten Balmstain in Darling - love this pale lavender!
  • Under Eyes: Cinema Secrets Peach Corrector in Light

 

So I did have the bloops and blips of smeary bits under my eyes during the day, and I used the old cotton buds to blot from time to time, and I kept using a soft fluffy brush to blend out the smoky stuff under my eye.

I think my husband really likes the smoky eye, maybe because it's a bit undone and messed up.

How do you like this look? I thought it was lots of fun.

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!

Love, BeautyJones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment