Friday, February 22, 2013

30 Day Makeup Challenge: Day 9, Green Eye Shadow

Here's my green eye shadow look, using my Mehron Neutral palette, and an aqua green from the Crown Brush 180 Kaleidescope Palette, the one I named Astroturf (see below).






The color scheme makes me think of the backgrounds in Bambi. There were so many different ways I could have gone green on the eyes. You could try something shimmery, something teal, bright kelly green, or emerald, like the Pantone color of 2013, but I thought I'd try matte colors, and a soft early springtime kind of green.



I think I could have deepened the eye liner with some warmer brown. Any kind of green or blue can bring out the blue tones around the eyes, and I have those a lot.

Crown Brush Kaleidescope 180 Palette, with my names because stuff should have names!

The invaluable Mehron Neutral Palette - Best Mattes Ever!

But what do you think? Would you try something like this? Comment in the bar below!

Random Notes:
  • On a shoot a makeup artist told me she uses Estée Lauder's Camouflage makeup as a concealer, and she showed me how it covers better than a MAC studio concealer, so now I gotta get that stuff!
  • Bought myself some Revlon Colorstay Oil-Free Foundation in Sand Beige and tried it today, just a light cover mostly on the T zone. I love the way this color matches my skintone, and I am surprised how well it does! Got to try a heavier coverage soon. I also got the cream version to see how that felt. I really have combination skin, and as you can see, it's aging skin, so it's hard to know what will work best.
  • Got L'Oréal Voluminous mascara in Carbon Black and tried it today, and it's way nicer than that Maybelline Plush one, that just gets all over the place and clumps like crazy. More on this when I post today's 30 Day look, which is pink eye shadow. I had some fun with that one!
  • For a while I had no bloops and smears under my eyes. But this week they are back. I don't think I can do pencil around the eyes without it moving. I keep trying to seal it, but it doesn't stay sealed. And I seal the concealer with powder. Harrumph! I'll keep trying to find the magic method, and when I do, you'll hear about it.
Love, BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment