Sunday, February 17, 2013

30 Day Makeup Challenge: Favorite Makeup Style

I couldn't decide between a neutral eye with cat-eye black liner and a red mouth and oh, I don't know, crazy duochrome lids or blue or green or anything else, so I took an unconventional approach. I thought about foundation.

Wayne Goss is a terrific beauty guru on YouTube whose videos are always short, sweet and straight to the point. He often posts videos that focus on just one key tip you can try out. One of these was to mix some concealer that matches your skin with moisturizer and apply that instead of foundation. I've tried this quite a bit, and I find it gives a very natural real skin look. You can then go in with more concealer and mask blemishes and under-eye circles as usual. So that makeup style is what I chose for this day of the challenge.

The concealer I used was Bye-Bye UnderEye from It Cosmetics, which I got in a New Beauty TestTube, QVC's quarterly megabox subscription. This is my favorite concealer. It works well under the eyes and on blemishes.

I find that when I apply the concealer mixed with moisturizer my skin does look more natural. My freckles show through, and yet most blemishes are evened out. I do need to add extra concealer here and there. I really love how natural my skin feels.

The moisturizer I used was Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrée.

Aren't these Inglot shades just gorgeous? I must get myself a few more at The Makeup Show LA in March!

Since I was wearing my Giro d'Italia bike jacket, which I bought last year at the first Giro d'Italia Granfondo, I thought I'd do an eye look with shades of pink. I used my Inglot Rainbow pink shade, which is 119r, and I used Urban Decay Buck in the crease.

 

 

This is such a simple look for day, just monochromatic and elegant, and perfect for a casual Friday!

Hope you enjoyed this! Cheers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment