Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Salma Hayek Nuance Eye Quad Look and Review

Cool Packaging. Natural tie-in with Prometheus? Me? Scifi geek? Yup!
 This packaging is cool looking on the outside, but it snaps together with a bit of wobble when it closes. Wonder how it will wear?
Toasted Almond

Clockwise from Bottom Right: Toasted Almond, Shimmering Bronze, Frosted Blush, Champagne Gold.

Clockwise from Bottom Right: Toasted Almond, Shimmering Bronze, Frosted Blush, Champagne Gold.
 That's the applicator in the middle. The shape is not all that usable. I say, replace it with a brush, maybe. I won't be using it.

The pic doesn't look at all like the shades, either in the pan or on the eye. Please can I help you name your shadows?
 The color payoff isn't near what is suggested by the eye illustration. The shades blend pretty well. I especially like the burgundy shade, aka Frosted Blush. Blush? This is a pretty dark color to call "blush."
Forgot to do my eyebrows--Argh!

12 Seasons of Top Model, so yes, I'm trying the Smize, not so successfully!

The Revlon Blasé Apricot and the Anastasia Bellini gloss...me likee!

Subtle Neutrals in this Quad
Skin:
  • Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Cream
  • Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentré
  • Skin79 Hot Pink Super+ Beblesh Balm Triple Functions
  • Dermablend Concealer in Sand
  • Bare Escentuals Concealer in Bisque
Cheeks:
  • NYX Butt Naked Palette Coral Shade on apples
  • NYX Butt Naked Contour beneath cheekbones and around perimeter of face
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
  • Salma Hayek Nuance Neutral Eye Quad used according to package instructions
  • L'Oreal HIP Gel Liner in Black
  • Stila Lash Visor Waterproof Mascara in Black
  • Maybelline Brow Pencil in Blonde (applied later at work upon my shock that I'd entirely forgotten my brows)
Lips:
  • Too Faced Lip Insurance - its maiden voyage with me!
  • Revlon Blasé Apricot Super Lustrous Lipstick patted on
  • Anastasia Lip Gloss in Bellini
Results:

Nuance Neutral Eye Quad:

Not sure any of these shadows are better than my beloved NYX Butt Naked Palette colors. The only one that's different is the burgundy one, and it needed lots of applications to build up enough color for me. There is one matte shade, and I'd have made two out of the four matte.  It's just a good practice to make half of a neutral quad matte shades, so you can use two for day, if you are shy of frost or shimmer. The bronze and champagne shades are not different enough from each other to create enough contrast for me. The coolest thing about this quad is the packaging. Sorry, Salma.  I think you are awesome and gorgeous, brave and deservedly a fashion icon. I love your brow pencil, but this needs, I don't know, a bit more love.  How about some subtle blue duochrome in one of the frosts?

BeautyJones Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Pretty gold flecks in the Anastasia Bellini gloss


The Two Faced Lip Insurance: This didn't make my lipstick/gloss combo last any longer than it might otherwise have, I don't think. But I have more testing to do. I think the gloss made the whole thing dissolve pretty quickly, which is too bad, because I loved the way it looked at first application. The full red lip will be the big litmus test.

Cheers and Cheers, Beauty Fans!

--:)BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment