Wednesday, April 18, 2012

FOTD: Revlon Cherries in the Snow


Cherries int eh Snow -- such a classic fuchsia-red. Luscious!
 When I threw on this plum hoodie, I knew a soft pink like Revlon's Persian Melon wouldn't do, so I looked at the lipsticks in my quiver and there was Cherries in the Snow. This blue-toned red makes your teeth look brighter, and it works with my neutral skin.
Vivid Lips -- I toned them down a bit with a neutral lipstick
It really feels like a formal color to wear on your lips, so I toned it down with a bit of NYX lip stick in LaLa, which is a brownish nude.

Tip of the Day: Mixing lipstick can get you to the exact shade you want. And it's fun, like mixing paints!
Cherries in the Snow

Here are the lips after I toned them down

 Here's what I used:

Face:

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment
Skyn Iceland Eye Pen
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentre
Skin79 Super+ BB Cream
Coty Loose Powder
Michael Marcus Concealer Wheel under eyes
Bare Escentuals Concealer in Bisque


Stila Palette from Costco

Stila Palette interior

This stuff is a great base-skincare combo, and I use it daily!

High quality concealer wheel

Another daily fave - NYX's Butt Naked palette. Today I used the bottom left on, and the contour, top right

Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ashe Blonde
Stila Palette from Costco Eye Shadow Left Row, top 3 shades
Stila Lash Visor Mascara in Black
L'Oreal HIP Gel Eye Liner in Black
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Pencil in Black

Cheeks:

NYX Butt Naked Palette, Terra Cotta blush shade on apples of cheeks
NYX Butt Naked Palette, Contour shade under cheekbones and on perimeter of forehead

Lips:

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow
NYX Lipstick in LaLa layered over Cherries in the Snow

Results:

As I didn't want to be messing with layering two lipsticks at work, I chose to take along Revlon Colorburst Lip butter in Sugar Plum for touch-ups during the day. This worked well, as Cherries in the Snow stained my lips and the color lasted about 2/3 of the day, so the Sugar Plum acted as a moisturizing gloss.

What kind of lip will I wear today?  Tune in tomorrow to find out!

--BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment