Thursday, April 12, 2012

FOTD: Stormy Weather Eyes

Maybelline Color Tattoo Image from their site
Stormy Weather Eyes
Woke up and it was raining here in Southern California, and I reached for my brand new Audacious Asphault Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo cream shadow. It took only two coats to make a really cool smokey lid that I think works pretty well for daytime.

Since the eye was so strong, I went neutral on the lip, with OCC Lip Tar in Hush - a new shade I bought at Nigel's Beauty Emporium in North Hollywood, which has all of the OCC stuff, and all Inglot. Wow! Go there if you are in the neighborhood.  Plus they have a studio discount!

In this light, Audacious Asphault has a touch of blue, which I love!
Here's what I used:

Face:

Embryolise Lait-Creme Concentre
Skin79 Super+ Beblesh Balm

Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo in Audacious Asphault on lids up to the crease
NYX Butt Naked Palette - white shade on brow bone, and fawn color blended at edge of Asphault in crease to smooth out the edges
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes waterproof pencil tight-lined and above lash line, and on lower lash line one third of the way in
Stila Lash Visor waterproof in black

Cheeks:

NYX Butt Naked Palette, terra cotta shade on apple of cheek, and contour shade beneath cheekbones and around perimeter of face

Lips:

OCC Lip Tar in Hush, applied with finger

And later....

No fade, no raccoon eye crawl! Hey!
Obviously, about 3 hours my crazy day has left my hair all cray-cray.  But has the eye look moved? Nope! This is the best lasting eye look I've done yet!

The Lip Tar didn't last as well as I'd liked and it kind of dried out my lips. Midday I switched to one of my permanent faves: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. Great all-purpose shade for me, and it makes my lips feel softer.

No raccoon crawl--Seriously, Wow!
I'll be using this combo again for sure!

Cheers! Now go have some fun!

--BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment