Monday, April 9, 2012

Quick FOTD - Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips for Green Eyes

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips for Green eyes in white Unii Palette on Left
Sunset in Pasadena, and some nice 80s pastels on my face
 Saturday night we were going out, and I'd finished my Tangerine Tango week, so I thought I'd go pastel and blue on the eyes for some fun. Again, one of my missions is to banish the notion that women over forty can't wear bright colors, or glimmery shimmery ones. You lose enough when you get older, so why should you have to give up all of those pretty shades?



The teal blue in my crease matched my shirt--which is supposed to be another makeup no-no.  Have I mentioned I like breaking rules? This shade set off the rosy pinks from my Inglot Rainbow hue #119R, which I used as a base all over my lids. It is a highly pigmented trio of pinks, and for all that, amazingly wearable. It brightens up the eyes.
Cool tones work well together, and play against the warm shades in my skin and hair
 On my lips I used Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Pink truffle, which is a nice Your Lips But Better shade on me, but in the cool range. I was experiencing warm shade fatigue from all that Tangerine!
Pasadena is lovely. Nice Weather. Great friends.
My blush was Precious Plum La Femme powder blush. I still adore all the shades of these I have! This is a cool lavender-ish pink, which played well with all the other cool pastel shades.

To mess with the rules a bit more and, let's be honest, because I hadn't cleaned the brush since my last use, I picked the green shade from my Smashbox Cream Liner palette, and finished the eyes off with black mascara.



Happy Saturday out in Pasadena!

No comments:

Post a Comment