Sunday, April 22, 2012

Why I style my hair

Skin79 Super+ Beblesh Balm Triple Functions
This look is done with my usual Skin79 BB Cream, but with no moisturizer underneath—putting all of those BB claims to the test.

But please take note, these photos illustrate why I blow dry and iron my hair. I love my husband for saying my hair looked cute here--unconditional love!  But da'amn, those tresses coulda used some heat manipulation.

Anyway, it's good enough for an afternoon bopping around my beloved Silver Lake, grabbing some Berlin Currywurst, a glass of wine and maybe some Pazzo Gelato.

Results:

Had a great day, but turns out I need that moisturizer under the BB cream--didn't take long to feel a bit dried out and cakey around my mouth in those lovely laugh lines. And I still say a bright lip works better on me than a nude one. Otherwise I have the Incredible Tiny Mouth.

NYX Face with NYX Lipstick in Iced Honey 556

See the cakiness around the laugh lines? I need a creamy moisturizer base for that BB Cream
This lip was done with a quick swab on of NYX  Lipstick in Iced Honey 556.

Bought this handy nude collection from Hautelook during the NYX sale.
Don't they look a lot like those super-pricey Burberry rose lipsticks?
NYX, how I continue to love thee!



Happy Earth Day, People! Go take a walk, ride a bike, eat locally sourced ingredients or plant a tree! Or have a cocktail based on organic spirits and juices. Or something like that.

By the way, NYX has been having this really awesome Vlogger Contest on their page. I am a big fan of Josh Collier MUA, and his 80s tutorial there, although I think, unwearable, is really cool and creative and well done. Go there, view some videos, find some new favorite beauty vloggers, and vote!

Cheers!

--BeautyJones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment