Monday, April 23, 2012

March Birchbox - My First!

My First Birchbox
I know, I'm late. It's almost May and I still haven't reviewed this March Birchbox! Well, I did take some time to think about the products and test them, so there you go!



Annick Goutal is a truly fine perfumer, and this scent is her flagship one. I love it!
First tried this in the French pavillion at EPCOT. This smells expensive and floral, but Chanel #5 Classic, and yet exotic. Great balance of florals, citrus, wood and spice notes. It's what you want to wear to Cap Ferrat or Cap d'Antibes or some Cap type Cote d'Azur-type spot. Somewhere along the Mediterranean. Wear it with espadrilles.

Did I mention I love perfume? It makes me see pretty things in my mind's eye. Which I really really like. Especially when it's good stuff like this.

Color Club Age of Aquarius
I'm a sucker for green and blue polishes, and this one lasted a long time on me, and looked awesome. It's so much fun. I'd never tried this company before, but I would recommend it.

One Love Organics Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm

Yummy Smelling Balm
 One Love Organics Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm: You can see that by the time I'd photographed this cleansing balm/moisturizer I'd used up a significant amount of it! It feels natural, and smells like oranges. Yummy. It's really soothing on your skin, although it takes some time to sink in. When I run out, I will be buying more.

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint
 Lovely consistency.  I will test this further when it gets sunnier and warmer in poor overcast little L.A.
Here's my nails wearing the Age of Aquarius, and a blob of the Jouer Moisture Tint.

 The Jouer is too dark for normal wear on me, so I'll be checking out its worth as a bronzer. See how nice the Age of Aquarius Polish is on me? Love that! Looks like Mint Chip ice cream without the chips!





About the Orofluido Hair Elixir that came in the Birch box. Love, love, love the smell. I wore this to an early morning meeting and people thought someone had been eating cinnamon toast. That delicious smell means I'm going to strongly recommend it. As far as helping me style my wavy locks, not sure this one tops my friend Kiehl's Silk Groom, which is a bit of a Holy Grail hair product for me, but the smell, kids, the smell! Cinnabon is a supposed to be an aphrodisiac for guys. Now you want to buy some Orofluido, dontcha? Do it!

Wasn't there tea in this Birchbox, too?  Well I don't subscribe to beauty sample subscriptions for tea. Yes, the tea was yummy. But sorry, I can't really say I care too much. I think it was Tea Forte, which I've had before.  Very nice packaging, delicious, meh.

So that's it! So far Birchbox is lots and lots of fun! The April one rocks, but I'm taking my time mulling it over, and later you'll see what I think!

Cheers!

--BeautyJones









1 comment:

  1. Great post! I've never heard of Birch boxes before but it looks like fun! Especially love your description of the nail polish color. Looking forward to seeing the treats in the April box!

    ReplyDelete