Saturday, April 21, 2012

FOTD Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Candy Apple

Tutti Frutti Lips over OCC Hush Lip Tar. Pretty darned long-lasting!
 It was a warm Friday morning here in L.A. so I wore my Target tan sundress with the swirls of hot orange and brown. A neutral eye and an easy bright lip pulled the color scheme together. Happy Friday!

NYX Butt Naked Palette: Lid: middle 2nd from L: Crease: bottom left: Lash Line Black bottom middle.
Get this palette!
I used an angled brush to apply the black shade around my eyes, and I love the way it looked. This palette's black is so pigmented, and it blends like a dream.  No need for eyeliner. Softened the whole thing with a fluffy brush, and voila.  I love me some bright colors, but I need to remember, on my eyes, neutral is nice!
NYX Butt Naket Palette. Today's Cheeks, blush bottom left, and contour top right
Time to whiten those teeth, Baby! Lots of lines. But no Botox for this ole face! Nuh-uh!
Why? Cause it's botulism, and maybe it caused the Salem Witch Trials, which was not a good thing.
Or was it ergot poisoning?  Or just human nature?
These kinds of thoughts are the curse of a fancy education, right?
Here's what I used:

Face:
  • Skyn Iceland Eye Pen - this is really soothing and a nice consistency.
  • Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentre - great all purpose moisturizer
  • Skin79 Super+ BB Cream - is this what is leaving a white mottle pattern on my skin now that the weather is getting hot? Hmmm. Might need to check out another BB cream soon.
  • Coty Loose Powder - I know, I know--buy some real loose powder.  Soon, I will.
  • Michael Marcus Concealer Wheel under eyes
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion Original - is this getting flakey on my glozzies? Hmmm. Time to try the Tarte eye primer? the NYX one? What do you think?  Comment and let me know, O Readers!
  • Selma Hayak Nuance Brow Pencil in Medium Blonde - great product, great deal! But 'Nuance' is a name I just can't remember to save my life. Copy writers take note!
  • NYX Butt Naked Palette - see image for details on which colors. Basically it's a neutral eye with some definition in the crease with a medium brown shade, and some nice soft black around the rim of the eyes and tight lined.  This black shadow even works and lasts when you tight line with it.  Awesome, I say!
  • Stila Lash Visor Mascara in Black
Cheeks:
  • NYX Butt Naked Palette, Terra Cotta blush shade on apples of cheeks
  • NYX Butt Naked Palette, Contour shade under cheekbones and on perimeter of forehead
Lips:

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple layered over OCC Lip Tar in Hush

Results:

Embarrassed to say all day I thought I was wearing Tutti Frutti, because I love that color, but what I grabbed was Candy Apple, which worked really well over the OCC Hush color. Hmmm.  Time to get my eyes checked, I guess!

Got to figure out what product is making that white mottled look on my skin. Probably, it's the BB cream because it has so strong an SPF, or so it says. Worried about this, because I have a whole bottle of this stuff still to use, and I need me some SPF.  I am pale, baby!

More on this later.

Please comment and let me know if you get that white mottling thing on your skin, or if you have and have solved the problem.  Share your wisdom. I am new to the ways of the Beauty Force.

Cheers, and enjoy your Saturday!

--BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment