Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bike to Work: NYX nude on nude FOTD

Doesn't look like I biked to work today, does it?
My company has many incentives if you want to carpool, take public transportation or bike to work, and several years ago, I joined the company's Triathlon team to get healthy and fit and make friends across different divisions. It is a very rewarding thing to do! We raise money and have fund raising events throughout the year for a local charity.

The upshot is that I used to bike to work a lot, and then because of lots of nighttime commitments I stopped. But now if you bike to work 3x per week you get this really cute bike jersey. Want to know how to motivate me? SWAG!
Simple neutral eyes and a pink lip, just from this one palette, the NYX nude on nude palette,
plus a little MAC graphblack pencil around the lash line,
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara,
and Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ashe Blonde on brows.

Better view of the eye look

View showing blush and contour
My Unii Palette in Lavender. These are my most basic neutral shades, all depotted. Great for work!
I used the circular blush in the center on my cheeks.
For contour I used the Aveda three-pan on the upper right.



NYX nude on nude palette
All over the lid and on the browbone I used the soft pale taupe top left.
In crease and on outer edge of eyelid in V I used the blue-gray top row, second from right.
On lash line I used the charcoal black top row, all the way to the right.

My Bianchi Brava - My Commuter Bike
Lips:
  • I only used the frosty pink gloss third from the left from the NYX palette. You can't tell from the photo, but it is the frostiest of all of the pinks of the 5 on the left. It lasts longer and has the same taste as their lip glosses.
NYX nude on nude palette
Results:
  • I like that there are some warmer and cooler options in the NYX palette eyes. The photos make the colors more vivid than they are. Really it's a neutral palette with a few warmer and cooler accent shades.
  • The lip palette is particularly useful. I wish it included a darker berry shade, but mostly, it's got you covered.
  • Biking to work makes me feel better all day long. I'm just way more cheerful. I'll be doing this a lot more.
How do you commute to work? Need any tips on how to bike to work and still look cute at work? I've got drawers stuffed with useful things in my office.

Happy Bike to Work Month!

:)BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment