Tuesday, May 1, 2012

NOTW - Giro D'Italia #1 & Pink May

View of Castel San Felice from our apartment in Sant'Anatolia di Narco, Umbria, 2009
Aah, Italy...

This Saturday the Giro d'Italia starts in Denmark.

What is that, you ask? It is the Tour of Italy, like the Tour de France, but instead of taking place in France over 3 weeks of July, this takes place over 3 weeks of May, and it covers the most beautiful country in the world.

If you have only been following my beauty blog, you don't necessarily know about me and Italy. We've been having a passionate affair since I first went there in 2003. My favorite city there is Rome.

Since I started cycling in 2004, after joining the Triathlon team at my workplace, I started watching professional cycling races, got to know the riders like a football fan knows their favorite players, and so every year at this time, I gear up for 3 passionate weeks of gorgeous views and thrilling races.

But alas, my cable company has seen fit to remove Universal Sports from their lineup, and RAI International, my Italian TV station stopped covering the entire Giro a few years ago.

So what does this mean for you, Beauty fans? It means I'm going to be looking for some streaming options on my computer, and that you are going to see a heckuva lot of pink looks from me until the Giro ends on the 27th of May.

Why? Because the leader of the Giro d'Italia wears not yellow, like in the Tour de France, put palest pink.

And yes, in July, you're going to see loads and loads of yellow from me. Good news is, yellow polish is chic again this summer!

But for now, think May! Think Italy! Think Pink!

Think Pink! number from Funny Face. Love this movie and this song!

For my first pink look, here is this very feminine pale pink manicure.






Here's how I got it:
  • Seche Vite base coat
  • Julep Penelope, 2 coats (a baby pink that really needs 3 coats to cover fully)
  • OPI Princesses Rule! (a silvery pink with tiny satin pink glitter
  • Seche Vite top coat
Results:
  • No chips yet, and I did this one 3 days ago
  • My pictures don't do justice to the satiny glittery effect. So Princess! And it's actually very close to the Giro leader's jersey color!

By the way, the OPI Cajun Shrimp pedicure is still going strong and looks cute!



Cheers and Viva Italia!

--BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment