Friday, May 4, 2012

Review: Smashbox Mascara and Lip Stain

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black
 I recently ordered a mini-haul from the Smashbox site.  Here's what I ordered:
  • Smashbox Shades of Fame Reflection High Gloss Collection (Review to come at a later date)
  • Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black
  • Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain and Color Seal Balm in Sangria
Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black: The Label

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black: The Wand
 THE MASCARA:
  • Goes on in thin layers
  • The wand, although large, isn't awkward to use
  • Absolutely no clumping
  • One coat covers all of the lashes on one eye
  • Virtually no smearing onto the eyelids!
  • The color is black, but I think could be a bit more blackest black
  • Multiple applications add drama; layering works
  • On my blondie-brown lashes, multiple coats are necessary
  • I would rather do multiple coats than try to separate ugly scary clumps, as I always had to do with my Stila Lash Visor Waterproof stuff
  • This mascara isn't waterproof, but later that night at a club, my friends played a really beautiful moving song about Moms, and I really cried, and it didn't run.  How is that possible??? NO TAMMY FAYE!
  • Verdict: 4.5 stars out of 5. Love this!!!






 SMASHBOX LIMITLESS LIP STAIN AND COLOR SEAL BALM IN SANGRIA:
  • Love this deep berry red shade
  • Stain applies easily and with precision
  • Balm has a nice texture
  • Last 4 hours on me
  • Wish the Balm end retracted so that when I pull the cap off, I don't risk dinging up that nice smooth balm stick
  • Verdict: 5 out of 5 stars. This is the real deal.  The Cadillac of long-wearing 2-step lippies!!!
Just Mascara, Foundation, brow pencil, Sangria Lip Stain, and Cinema Secrets White Cream Shadow
 Above, freshly applied mascara, and lippie.

In the golden light of my bathroom, the Sangria Lip Stain looks true red, although it's a more berry color in most other lights.
 See those precise lines on the lippie?

After finishing the face at the office
 An hour or two later, the color has settled a bit into the lines on my lips, but I don't know a product that doesn't do this. Color is going strong!

Copper Shade from my Pop Beauty Eye Shadow Palette, and some evident shine on my nose.
 Oh, that bluish light in my office is hell on my dark circles!

Lip Stain/Balm at midday, 4 hours after original application.
 Midday, and time for another coat of Sangria!  Not the beverage, the stain & balm, of course!

Weight Watchers Works!!!
Full Outfit: My pink is in the scarf. Weight Watchers is working! I'm only 5-7 lbs from my goal weight!
 I love this scarf! These jeans are too loose! Yay!
My Pink Instagram. Toluca Lake is full of gorgeous pink blooms this time of year!!!

http://ivoryandolive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/SB_C0F7_430.jpg
Smashbox Shades of Fame Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss - Review coming soon!
  Cheers, BeautyJonesers!


No comments:

Post a Comment