Monday, May 7, 2012

Casual Friday and New Pink Manicure

   
Essie Shine of the Times
 This limited edition Essie shade was on clearance, so I had to get it. It's an amazingly versatile holographic glitter that is transparent. It reveals the color underneath, but in the light it gleams with a crystalline light that ranges from orange, through gold-yellow, to green. So lovely! This is the second time I've used it for a blog post, but it won't be the last.



Lips: NYX Lipstick in LaLa

 Some Fridays you make it through the week by the skin of your teeth, and it's almost done, and you're getting ready, and you just need things to be simple.

This NYX LaLa Lipstick is actually a mauvey brownish nude that gives some nice contrast with my skin and makes my lips stand out. It looks more magenta in this shot than it does in real life.
Eyes and Cheeks from the NYX "butt" naked palette
I used the pink shade all over the lid, and then the fawn shade in the crease. The black shade in the NYX "butt" naked palette works really well as a quick liner with an angled brush like the one found in one of those Real Techniques collections.  These are the foundation of my brush collection. So glad I discovered the Pixiwoos and bought me some of these.
Smashbox Mascara Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black
 I don't put mascara on my lower lashes because it's just going to get smeary.  Instead, I apply to the top lashes, then close my eyes for a few seconds and enough of it transfers to the lower ones without smearing.

My Friday outfit, fitting into the skinny jeans, wearing Uggs wedges.
I think I bought everything on top at Target, but who knows?

That black stuff on my index finger is bike crease.
I got a flat on a 50-mile bike ride and had to change my tube.


Essie Shine of the Times over Essie Silk Crepe =
Good N Plenty Pink with gold-green shredded glitter
Essie Silk Crepe
Such a classic pink. Unfortunately, my bottle of this is really old and getting goopy. Does anyone know a way of reviving old and separated nail polishes without losing quality?

Results:

Friday was good, and productive, and on came the weekend, and I biked a whole heckuva lot. So much, that my legs feel like someone elses, and I can feel my abs. I'm inspired by the Giro d'Italia, that already thrilling Italian Bike Race...

Viva Italia!

Are you jonesin for a beauty product? For a new review? For something else on this blog?

Comment below!

Cheers!

--BeautyJones

No comments:

Post a Comment