Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Pink: Rainy Day Face

My Pink Lipsticks: From Bottom to Top: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Swee Tart, Lollipop, and Sugar Frosting, Marinello freebie pink gloss from The Makeup Show LA, Sephora Sephora Collection Maniac Long Wearing Lipstick Color 01, Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Stormy Pink, Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick in Persian Melon

Love this pink scarf! Love a pop of color on a dreary day.

My eyes have shades of lavender, anchored by burgundy and just a bit of black around the lashes.

Day 1 of the Wear Pink All May Long Challenge. I may very well live to regret this one.  But I can do it! Sure I can. (So what if I was bored with orange on day 3 of Tangerine Tango week?) Pink is such a perennial color. So versatile.  Right? Right?

Face:
  • Laura Mercier Perfecting Water Light
  • Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment on chin and along hairline
  • Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré
  • Aveda Inner Light Tinted Moisturizer in #02 Beechwood
  • Dermablend concealer in Sand
Cheeks:
  • NYX Stick Blush in Tea Rose
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
  • NYX Nude on Nude Palette: Shimmery Taupey Pink shade all over lid
  • Pop Beauty Day to Play Eye Shadow Palette: Fuchsia and Cinnamon shades in crease and in V from crease to outer lid, deep burgundy shade along upper and lower lash line and blended up into the crease, black shade around outer edges of eye upper and lower lash lines
Lips:
  • Too Faced Lip Insurance
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart
Results:
  • I'm testing out this Laura Mercier Water. It's supposed to moisturize your skin and make it absorb the active ingredients in your other beauty products. I like the way it feels and smells. It does feel like it's doing something.
  • Too Faced Lip Insurance - I really don't think this is doing all I'd like it to.  Maybe I need to try one of those clear lip pencils Pursebuzz is talking about in her Ombre Lips tutorial....
  • Thought I'd swap in the Aveda Tinted Moisturizer for the BB Creams. It really is moisturizing. I like it.
  • Still need more concealer in those purple hollows next to my nose, or maybe I need something more yellow for that bit, especially when I'm wearing purple shadows in my eyelids.
Hey, today I tested out my new Smashbox products, or two of them, the mascara, which rocked, and the lippie recommended by Sam of the Pixiwoos.  Reviews to come tomorrow!!!

And I finally have the Terra Cotta La Femme Blush I ordered, so look how pretty is my blush palette now!!!  See?

And some day soon I will photograph them in focus!

Blurry La Femme Blushes in Unii Palette

So what are YOU jonesin for? Let me know below!

Can I really do pink all month? What do you think? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment