|I love color, but some days, neutrals totally rock!|
|Smashbox Photo Op Auto Focus Eye Shadow Trio|
|With this mauvey-rose colored top, a neutral eye, and some pink blush and a soft pink lip|
This makeup look uses browns and tans flushed with pink, so even the slightest hint of a brighter shade, like the posy-pink blush, and the poppy-pink lip, really jumps out. Just a bit of contrast in color becomes a bit dramatic, especially on a look meant for daytime.
Cheeks: Posy Pink
Lips: Bitten gloss
Photo Op Auto Focus:
- Champagne: A shimmery cream, all over lid from lash line to brow bone
- Flamingo: Not well named, sorry, smashbox. Anything named 'Flamingo' ought to be bright peachy pink. This is a more conventional shimmery peach with some rose tones. I do really like this shade. I just have this OCD issue about naming things. I put this on the lid up to the crease
- Java: A matte deep brown. This should not blend as easily as it does. Matte shades are notoriously hard to blend. Not this little beauty. I put this along the lash line, and in a soft wedge on outer lid blended up into the crease. Seriously, the ease of blending saves so much time and stress. Did I mention I am in love with this palette?
- Midnight Brown cream eyeliner, from Photo Op Mega Palette. I just washed this out of my bdellium angled eyeliner brush, and it is so darned pigmented. Getting it out took some doing. But I don't mind. That pigmentation means you can do a brown rather than black, and keep the look soft but still strong.
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in jet black. In terms of control, lack of clumping, and coverage, this is still the best mascara I've ever owned.
|Auto Focus is in the center. Now would you call that center shade 'Flamingo?' Way too subtle for that.|
I"d call it Bermuda Sand.
I hope this post was fun and interesting, and gives you some ideas for your own daily face. Drop me a line, let me know what you think.
Also, follow me on Twitter at @BeautyJonesToo. I post Instagram shots and little reviews when I pick up random items from the CVS and Ulta, and other cool beauty spots.So much stuff to share, makeup and beauty-wise.
Have a great day, and if you are in L.A. like I am, be careful in the rain!